Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Let's Try Part 4 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Woodstock

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Woodstock Replybullet Posted: 30 April 2010 at 3:43pm

Hello everyone its nice to see this thread still exists, and to see so many still here. Hopefully I'll be able to visit more often soon.

Speak a little Learn alot.
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:37pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Alhamdulillah, this thread is live brother. Even i had been occupied with other matters so cud not be very active here.

Brother Usmani, chalo maaf kiya  :)

Glad to see you brothers active.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:40pm

Here are few notes regarding virtues of forgiveness'

Forgiveness (Afw): not getting revenge while one has the means to get even with one’s enemies or with aguilty party. It is to treat those with goodness who do evil things to him.

Forgiveness (Musamahat): foregoing things, that are not necessary to forego, willingly in order to be helpful to others. Another meaning of “Musamahat” is not seeing others’ faults.

Forgiveness signifies overlooking the offence and sin of a person who has purposefully or mistakenly done you wrong, such as insulting you by his words, beating you up or taking your property is called "forgiveness".

The Messenger of Allah said: "The best deed before Allah is to pardon a person who has wronged you, to show affection for relatives who have broken ties with you, and to act generously towards a person who has deprived you". Thereafter he recited the following holy verses: "Turn to forgiveness and enjoin good and turn aside from ignorant" (7:199).

Forgiveness is important for several reasons. If one desires to be forgiven for his offenses he must learn to forgive others. If one seeks forgiveness from Allah, he should learn to forgive others. If one desires that Allah overlook his weaknesses, he should learn to overlook weaknesses of others.

1. For the after-life or the life in the Hereafter - seeking forgiveness is a sign of humility and forgiving others is a sign of magnanimity.

2. It brings happiness in the worldly life - psychologically, it brings happiness, in addition, forgiving improves the relations with other people by bringing good reputation and respect.

May we be amongst those who forgive others. Aameen

Edited by seekshidayath - 03 May 2010 at 10:51pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:50pm

Next question

What are the vritues of being grateful to Allah ?
IP IP Logged
Usmani
Male  Islam

Quote Usmani Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:16am
The more we will be great full to Allah the more blessings and the rewards we will get from Him.This our act of greatfullness to Allah, make us more closer to Him.
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:40am
JazakAllahu khayr brother

I wish we collect more notes about the rewards of been grateful. The one you shared is indeed correct - but i wish we share all about been grateful to Allah, how to be grateful --

IP IP Logged
biraslan
 Islam
Starter
Starter

Quote biraslan Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2010 at 8:17pm
Salaam Alekom

all brothers and sisters I am anew here so i hope that you accepet me as new friend in islam
IP IP Logged
sufi_observer

Quote sufi_observer Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath

JazakAllahu khayr brother

I wish we collect more notes about the rewards of been grateful. The one you shared is indeed correct - but i wish we share all about been grateful to Allah, how to be grateful --

Imam Shafi was reported to have said, when he fell seriously ill, "praise to Allah, who has sent me illness rather than allow me to fall into sin." I think that's a good example of real gratitude, to be thankful for whatever is sent to you, whether you like it or not, you know, "it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good." (IV/19)

Edited by sufi_observer - 10 June 2010 at 6:27pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version