Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Let's Try Part 4 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Full of Hopes
Female Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Full of Hopes Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2009 at 8:30am

We learn that Allah can do everything and nothing is impossible for Him.

SO we do not give up the duaa, and ask Allah whatever we want even if we think it is impossible.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2009 at 8:37am
Well, what I learn is that nothing is impossible for Allah - and that subhanAllah, how strong was Hazrat Zakaria's Faith in Allah ! He did not think his dua was "impossible" - because his faith in Allah was too great.

So we should also learn and not hesitate to ask Allah for anything - even if it be something as little and irrelevant as a shoe-lace (Prophet's Hadith), or something we think that would be impossible.

My father always likes to quote this saying, (I forgot the author) "Don't think about what you are asking for, Think about Who you are asking from" {yeh mat soccho k tum kiya maang rahay ho, yeh soccho tum kis se maang rahay ho!}
and thats exactly what Zakaria (R.A) did!

Anyway, that is my interpretation, what is yours? It could be different. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Chrysalis - 02 December 2009 at 8:38am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2009 at 8:48am
Originally posted by seekshidayath

<FONT face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>This ayah is so spl to me, because i was very restless and was even discussing it that why are we women in Islam not given a chance to be a martyr and enjoy those benefits. Within a week, i was reflected by this ayah !! 32. And wish not for the things in which Allah has made some of you to excel others. For men there is reward for what they have earned, (and likewise) for women there is reward for what they have earned, and ask Allah of His bounty. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knower of everything. After reading its context and then again this ayah, and wish not for other things in which Allah has made of you excel others ---- I simply humbled myselves. I can't express my feelings and reflection of this verse over me. Am very grateful to Allah swt ! Qur'an is a living miracle. May Allah swt always guide us and steadfast us in deen Ameen

SubhanAllah, it is a wonderful feeling you are talking about Sis, when sometimes an issue is plaguing our mind, and then lo! we come across an ayah in the Qur'an or a Hadith that seems like Allah is directly addressing us. We were told at Al-Huda, if you ever feel uneasy, just open the Qur'an at random, and read the first Ayah you come across, and think that Allah is talking to you.

And I found it amusing that you felt left out cz you also wanted to partake in Jihad ! I used to feel EXACTLY the same way as you. Shukar hai Umm-e-Salama (R.A) asked this question from Prophet Muhamamd for the future Muslimahs like us.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2009 at 2:48am
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to this thread, Full of hopes.

Glad to see you sisters. Masha Allah. Shall add up an other point to yours : that Zakariya AS, after seeing those sustenance from Allah  swt to Maryam did not get this feeling that why Allah swt provided her. Instead he made a prayer for himself as well.

We need to practically implement this act of Zakariya AS. The immediate reaction of   most of us is feeling jealousy or envious of else favours.  We forget those blessings which Allah swt bestowed to us, and not to that person.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "They are enemies for Allah's bounties." They asked: "Who are they?" He said: "Those who envy people for what Allah has given them of Bounty." [at-Tabaranee]

What Islam permits in contrast to Hasad (destructive jealousy) is Ghibtah (envy that is free from malice), which means neither loving the loss of the blessing nor hating for it to remain with the person, but desiring the same for oneself without the removal of the blessing from others.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "Envy is allowed in two cases, in case of a man whom Allah has given the Qur'aan and who recites it throughout night and day; and a man on whom Allah has bestowed wealth who gives it away throughout night and day." [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

and he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also explained what may be said: "I wish I were given what he was given and did with it what he did."

I extracted the above hadith from a site. May Allah swt guide all of us and help us implement what we preach and learn. Ameen

Next Question :

I don't hold now. Oh yeah, my next question, where are our brothers ?

Edited by seekshidayath - 03 December 2009 at 2:49am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:52am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Next Question :

Which king stopped Yajuj and Majuj from harassing people ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2009 at 9:07am
Originally posted by seekshidayath

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Next Question :

Which king stopped Yajuj and Majuj from harassing people ?

Wa'alaikum salaam wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuh

Was it Zulqarnain ?
IP IP Logged
Saladin
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Saladin Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2009 at 9:14pm

I too think Zulqarnain.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
IP IP Logged
lovesakeenah

Quote lovesakeenah Replybullet Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:43am
ConfusedI'm not sure...
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version