Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: The contradictions of the Bible Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
Natassia

Online Status: Offline
Quote Natassia Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2009 at 6:30am

Just to let you know, Martha, I have zero respect for the theology of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I also have zero respect for the way they deliberately mistranslate and misquote scriptures.

If you've read the book of Genesis yourself, you'd know that it says nothing about Adam eating the fruit because he knew Eve would have to leave the garden. First of all, God never said that the punishment for eating of the tree would be banishment. No, He said it would be death. And since when are we supposed to choose our spouses over the will of God? See, the Mormon doctrine about the Fall of Man is both theologically inconsistent and scripturally inaccurate.

The Mormans try to make the Bible fit Joseph Smith Jr.'s theology rather than try to make their theology and doctrines fit the Bible. ((shrug)) If that's how they want to do things, fine...but if that's the case, I really wish they'd provide some evidence of those golden tablets and magical spectacles.

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 31 July 2009 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by JOUBERAR

Originally posted by islamispeace

Originally posted by believer

A contradiction is saying that something did not happen, not that it happened at a different time.

Why would there be 4 Gospels in the Holy Bible  that are all slightly different?

I mean really wouldn't you burn the ones that did not match up exactly- even if it was GOD's word?

Could the people claiming these Gospels as GOD's Word not see that there were sight differences?

Perhaps you can explain why Matthew and Luke differ on when exactly Jesus was born?  Matthew has Jesus being born during the reign of Herod the Great, whereas Luke has Jesus being born during the reign of Herod Archelaus, almost 10 years later!  Was Jesus born twice? 

Don't rush.  I will give you some time to find a suitable source to copy and paste!  Wink

What is the big fuss about your Jesus was born 500 years later.

Huh?  What on earth are you talking about?  Can anyone understand this guy's incoherent ramblings?  I certainly can't! LOL

Jouberar, whatever you just said does not answer my question.  You really should study logical fallacies, because every one of your posts is riddled with them.  This particular one is a mix of a red herring and a tu tuoque. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version