Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Where Islam & Christian Agree and Differ(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 64 Next >>
Zaharah
Female Islam

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 10 April 2009 at 4:40pm
can someone please give me the reference in the bible where it says without a doubt "That Jesus (Pbuh) soul went to preach to the spirits that were in hell?  I have heard many preachers say this.
ZaharahSmile
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 11 April 2009 at 11:21am
"That doesn't really answer my question. Even you are saying that his physical form was up walking around in three days, so Jesus didn't really DIE, did he?

But some day your body will be raised up, at the resurrection.  Does that mean you won't really have died?  You really seem to be implying there's no such a thing as death................Confused"

No, what I am saying, no implication, is that if Jesus is God then his death wasn't REALLY death, was it, because God can't REALLY die, can He?

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 12 April 2009 at 1:23pm
LOL!!  Shasta Jesus was dead and in the tomb- so his body was in fact dead.  He was resurrected and then walking around.

Are you confusing this with the ascension of Jesus?

Jesus' human shell dies, our shell dies but our soul never dies.  I think Muslims believe this too right?

Death for the Christian is being away from GOD, Paradise /heaven is being with GOD.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 22 April 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by believer

LOL!!  Shasta Jesus was dead and in the tomb- so his body was in fact dead.  He was resurrected and then walking around.

Are you confusing this with the ascension of Jesus?

Jesus' human shell dies, our shell dies but our soul never dies.  I think Muslims believe this too right?

Death for the Christian is being away from GOD, Paradise /heaven is being with GOD.

My soul may live after I die, but it is not inhabiting my dead human shell and walking around appearing to people. It is awaiting the Day of Judgement. 
If my soul were in fact able to reinhabit my body and continue on with my life then I wouldn't be dead. This is what happens when people are clinically dead for a period of time then are resuscitated. They are not really dead. They may have died for a minute or two, but they are not dead. This is proven by the fact that they are alive and walking around.

But I want to understand what you are saying. What you are saying is that God was dead for three days. Is that correct?
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 22 April 2009 at 2:13pm
"Death for the Christian is being away from GOD, Paradise /heaven is being with GOD."

I don't even know what to make of this statement. You just said that Jesus was dead. You believe that Jesus is God. You now state that death is being away from God.  If Jesus is God and death is being away from God.... do you see where I'm going here?

Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 22 April 2009 at 5:23pm
poor believer is just reapeating what he heard from preachers, so he cannot make anything out of it except to roll from one end of the pot to the otherBig%20smile, so to speak!
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Zaharah
Female Islam

bullet Posted: 22 April 2009 at 6:10pm

Salams to my brothers and sisters posting on this forum,

Believer will not answer your question like he didnt answer my question.  Many of the things that have been cut and pasted above are words from someone else, so honeto you are  100% right these are words from another preacher or some tv person collecting money.
Having converted from a minister to Islam myself, who is well versed in the Bible because that's what i taught, i can tell you that i have heard MANY PREACHERS say those exact same words to people confusing them and the people not understanding the text instead of seeking knowledge for themself's.  I thank Allah for drawing me away and being found by Islam.  But i can guarantee you that your questions will not be answered.
Zaharah
IP IP Logged
Akhe Abdullah
Male Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:06am
Salams,Zaharah.Ameen Sister.May Allah Bless you.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 64 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version