Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Where Islam & Christian Agree and Differ(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 64 Next >>
Douggg

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 31 January 2010 at 1:06am
Hi Hasan, 

There is one place in the bible that Christianity and Islam must disagree on.

In Zechariah 14 was written 1000 years before Mohamed and the birth of Islam, why is God rescuing the Jews in Jerusalem when in the last days all nations surround Jerusalem, and not the Palestinians ?

The implication is that Jerusalem is not a Palestinian capital when God rescues the Jews, and not Palestinian Muslims.

Is Zechariah 14 taught in the Muslim pulpits?

Doug L.
IP IP Logged
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 31 January 2010 at 10:15pm

Mr. Dougg, you reenergize! Is good to hear from you!

Mr. Dougg, who told you, is the Jews? It has nothing to do with Jerusalem capital! It all about the so call Jews and the Romans (Anglo Saxon invaders) Known as APACK; THEY ARE ONES WHO THE SCHRIPTURE REFFRRS AS ALL NATION. The reason for that is they are the ones who is rallying all nations (UN) to allies with them against the Muslims and the battle will end in Jerusalem at the defeat of the so call Jews.

Jesus said unto them (Jews), Did ye never read in the scriptures, the stone which the builders reject the same is become the head of the corner: This is the Lord’s doings, and it is marvelous in our eyes. (Matt.21:42)

WHAT WILL BE MARVELOUS IN YOUR EYES? IT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD!

Therefore say I unto you The kingdom of God shall taken from you (THE JEWS), and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.” Matt.21:43

And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall broken: but whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder”. (Matt.21:44)

The kingdom of God will be taken away from the Jews, that would mean: The final message (revelation) would be given to another prophet of another nation and who so ever tries to destroy it will not succeed; THAT IS THE POWER OF CHRIST! He (S) said: “whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder” IT IS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE TRUE MESSAGE OF CHRIST: THE KINGDOM OD GOD, ISLAM!

20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.  Zechariah 14 KJV

TNC

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
IP IP Logged
Douggg

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 31 January 2010 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by truthnowcome

Mr. Dougg, who told you, is the Jews? It has nothing to do with Jerusalem capital! 

Hi TNC Smile, please just look at the verses....

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azail: yea, ye shall flee like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah , l: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

TMC, when the Lord splits the mount of Olives in half, making a way of escape, the ones who are escaping do like they did in the day of Uzziah king of Judah.     Who was Uzziah, the king of Judah over?   The Jews.

When Zechariah 14 takes place, God is going to come to the rescue of the Jews.    The Palestinians were not governed by King Uzziah.

Doug L.

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><>

Clap to the moderators for quickly processing my recent posts for view.     For a while it was taking 4 or 5 days.   Yikes!

Edited by Douggg - 31 January 2010 at 11:38pm
IP IP Logged
JOUBERAR

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 01 February 2010 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Douggg

Hi Hasan, 

There is one place in the bible that Christianity and Islam must disagree on.

In Zechariah 14 was written 1000 years before Mohamed and the birth of Islam, why is God rescuing the Jews in Jerusalem when in the last days all nations surround Jerusalem, and not the Palestinians ?

The implication is that Jerusalem is not a Palestinian capital when God rescues the Jews, and not Palestinian Muslims.

Is Zechariah 14 taught in the Muslim pulpits?

Doug L.

Contrary to Mohammed's prophecy, the Bible prepares its readers that the outcome of the siege in the time of Jacob's trouble will not be the total annihilation of the Jews, but that Christ himself will descend on the Mount of Olives for judgment as he fights the enemies of Israel. Unfortunately, it will be too late for repentance and redemption for non-believers.

The saddest part is that hatred towards Jews is not an old out moded idea from the far past, but millions of Muslims today have the same sick idea that one day they will do the same to all Jews in the Holy Land as Mohammed did to the Jews in Saudi Arabia.

In fact the permission to kill Jews and Christians, and take their wives as concubines was engraved in the Islamic "Holy Koran", and is the main cause for the hatred of Jews by Muslims to this very day.

The word "Truth" was stuck in my heart day and night, pounding on my soul as I continued to compare the two books, to finally conclude that the Bible can be proven beyond any shadow of a doubt to be true gold, not only by hundreds of ancient prophecies that came to pass, but by one ancient word created by God from the time of Jacob until our generation, for all who doubt, and that word was and still is 'Israel'.

Israel's existence today, and the re-gathering of the Jews from ALL parts of the world, is an irrefutable proof, that the Holy Bible is the true Word of God, as God scattered them throughout the whole world, and re-gathered them again from ALL nations back to their original land in fulfillment of his promises in the far past, until our present, for he said:

"I will gather you from ALL the nations, and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive". -- Jeremiah 29:14

The true God never changed, he is still the same, I also learned that my enemy, the Jews were chosen by God to write Gods Word, and God's plan for salvation through Jesus the Messiah the only Messiah and redeemer for man. I also learned that Jesus, the man from my hometown was a Jew, and even my hometown was Jewish 'Beth-Lechem', which means 'Home of the Bread', as he said:

'I am the Bread of Life, he who comes to me shall never hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst' -- John 6:35.

Beth-Lechem was given it's name before Jesus came to this World, and he was from the people of my enemy the Jews, and he died for my sin, I never heard of an enemy who dies for another enemy and loves him so much that he allowed himself to be beaten, spat on, mocked and finally crucified. Can your enemy die for you? Yet he said:

'Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you' -- Matthew 5:44.

The Truth was in front of my very eyes, knocking constantly on my heart, and wanting to come in. I called on The Truth and He answered, I was blind and sought the truth, and now I see, He knocked on my door and I opened, and now he had set me free! Christ said :

"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life, no one comes to the Father except through Me". -- John 14:6

Why did the muslims lost the six day war against Isreal.

The Six Day War began. The Jews captured old Jerusalem and the rest of Palestine... A great disappointment to Arabs and Muslims worldwide!The jews remember many things from the war; the thunder of the bombs and chatter of machineguns that went on day and night for six days. Many Arab citizens in Jericho started looting stores and houses as people ran and crossed the Jordan River in fear of the Israelis. The Israeli soldiers announced "Every house with a white flag on its gate will be spared, and whoever does not have the white mark will be broken in by force". The war was called the Six Day war because it was won in six days. It was interesting that on the seventh day, a Rabbi by the name of Goren blew the ram's horn on the wailing wall in Jerusalem declaring the victory. Many Jews claim that this was a parallel to Joshua, when he went around the walls of Jericho six times, then on the seventh day seven times, and on that day the priests blew the trumpets and everyone shouted with one voice and the walls came tumbling down, and the Israelites took the city. To my father in Jericho it did indeed seem that the walls had tumbled down on him. During the war he was always listening to the Jordanian radio station, he used to say that the Arabs were wining the war, but he was listening to the wrong station. The Israeli station was announcing the truth of their soon coming victory, but instead, my father chose to believe the Arabs who claimed that the Israelis were promoting propaganda.

The Arab muslims have been loosing wars against Israel exactly as the Bible prophesied in the examples I have showed. The Quran teaches "My people inherits the land", which are Muslims, this was also not true in the case here. I lived in Israel during the Six Day War, the P.L.O resistance, the Jordanian Black September civil war, the bloody wars in Lebanon, and the war of Yom Kippur, with more blood spilt among ourselves and with no hope of destroying Israel... All of these losses and we still hoped for that one victory, since that is all what it takes to destroy them.

Muslims claim Israel is God's punishment on them for allowing bad government to rule the Islamic world. That's why we see attempts to topple governments with majority Muslim population. The Islamic world has its heart set on destroying Israel. The best way to prove this is to quote the Syrian president Hafez Asad "There are still one hundred wars to come with Israel. All we need to defeat Israel is One."

The God of Israel promised in this second restoration declaring; "and they shall not be pulled up", yet the Arab and Muslim world will try again.

God in the Bible promised that they will fail. The Psalms of David (Al-Zabur), in chapter 83. Notice in verse 4 "They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more." Which sounds like a speech by Jamal Abdel-Naser and every other Arabic leader who declared war on Israel and lost. This is exactly what the Bible foretold thousands of years ago.

It is fascinating as it names all the nations that opposed Israel in the last 50 years. The nations mentioned are; Edom, Moab, Amalek, Ammon, children of Lot (Jordan), Ishmaelites and Hagarites (The Arabs), Gebal (Beirut), The inhabitants of Tyre (People of Lebanon), Philistines (Palestinians and Syrians), Assyria (Iraq). Notice it said "The inhabitants of Tyre", since God already knew that the city of Tyre itself will be destroyed and totally removed (Ezekiel 26). How did David (Daud) know of this if he wrote the Psalms (Al-Zabur) from his own mind? Why didn't the Quran mention these truths?

Also notice the most important verse "Cover their faces with shame, That they may seek Your name, O Lord." (Psalms 83:16). This is a declaration to the enemies of Israel that the God of the Bible does not hate the Arabs or the Muslims, but is requesting them to repent and turn to him, and believe in his salvation. He is like a loving father to his children; when they go against his will he has to inflict some pain to re-direct them his way.

IP IP Logged
altac
Female 
Starter
Starter

bullet Posted: 20 February 2010 at 12:46pm
Hello, I am new in researching the Islamic Religion.  I have researched and studied many religions, with only one goal.  I do not claim to be of any religion, but I do believe in The Creator of all living things.  I do believe in life, love, respect, and hope for unity of all human race.  I have a question that I would like your opinion and some facts based on your Holy Quran.  In all my studies, I came upon the "New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures"  I have concluded that the Jehovah's Witnesses too, believe in hope, brotherhood, peace, love, faith.  They believe in one God, they also believe that Jesus played a significant role in our world,  and whenever visited by a "Witness", I have never seen people of such respectfulness, they never judged me for who I was, and never "pushed" their religion upon me.  My question is this, what is your opinion on the Jehovah's Witnesses, and how does their Bible coincide or conflict with that of The Holy Quran?  Thank you, Respectfully, AltaC
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 21 February 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by altac

Hello, I am new in researching the Islamic Religion.  I have researched and studied many religions, with only one goal.  I do not claim to be of any religion, but I do believe in The Creator of all living things.  I do believe in life, love, respect, and hope for unity of all human race.  I have a question that I would like your opinion and some facts based on your Holy Quran.  In all my studies, I came upon the "New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures"  I have concluded that the Jehovah's Witnesses too, believe in hope, brotherhood, peace, love, faith.  They believe in one God, they also believe that Jesus played a significant role in our world,  and whenever visited by a "Witness", I have never seen people of such respectfulness, they never judged me for who I was, and never "pushed" their religion upon me.  My question is this, what is your opinion on the Jehovah's Witnesses, and how does their Bible coincide or conflict with that of The Holy Quran?  Thank you, Respectfully, AltaC

Hi Altac.  While I am not an expert on the Jehovah's Witnesses, I can still answer your question.  Just as with any other religion, Islam states that God will not accept any other religions except Islam.  Therefore, while Jehovah's Witnesses may be nice people, Muslims believe that they are misguided and following the wrong path.  However, that is their decision and no one can force them to believe otherwise.  As the Quran says, "there is no compulsion in religion." 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
altac
Female 
Starter
Starter

bullet Posted: 21 February 2010 at 3:02pm
From reading some of the the Holy Quran, with interpretation of course, I see that the message that it gives, is in fact, the same as the Jehovah Witness's, "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures", from the original Hebrew Scriptures.  How can two of the same messages be so different, when they give the same message? To and about the same God? I could only see the difference that one is practiced within twenty three Holy Lands, and the other an Islamic Religion.  Please, do not misinterpret this message, I am a peaceful woman, not trying to dispute that of the Holy Quran, I am only trying to research the different religions, before I , perhaps, follow one.  I know who the Creator is.  I Love Our God who Art in Heaven, my curiousity of all the different religions has arisen only out of my search for the path to everlasting life.  Thank you for your quick reply.  I hope to hear from you again soon. May God Bless you and Keep you.

Edited by altac - 21 February 2010 at 3:04pm
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by altac

From reading some of the the Holy Quran, with interpretation of course, I see that the message that it gives, is in fact, the same as the Jehovah Witness's, "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures", from the original Hebrew Scriptures.  How can two of the same messages be so different, when they give the same message? To and about the same God? I could only see the difference that one is practiced within twenty three Holy Lands, and the other an Islamic Religion.  Please, do not misinterpret this message, I am a peaceful woman, not trying to dispute that of the Holy Quran, I am only trying to research the different religions, before I , perhaps, follow one.  I know who the Creator is.  I Love Our God who Art in Heaven, my curiousity of all the different religions has arisen only out of my search for the path to everlasting life.  Thank you for your quick reply.  I hope to hear from you again soon. May God Bless you and Keep you.

Your questions are welcome.  Clearly, you have thought about these things with a sincere mindset.  I applaud that.   

Can you please elaborate what you mean by "the same message"?  Both religions may teach some similar doctrines, but there are also major differences as well.  For instance, they believe that Jesus is God's son, a belief that is unanimously rejected in Islam.  They also believe that in order for one to be forgiven for one's natural state of sinfulness (this is also contradictory to the Islamic view), one must accept Jesus' "sacrifice", another teaching which is rejected by Islam.  So, the point is that while both may believe in one God, they both have differing views on what God has said and how God wants us to act. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 64 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version