Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Where Islam & Christian Agree and Differ(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 64 Next >>
honeto

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 06 April 2009 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by JOUBERAR

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt

Good point Hayfa.

I have stated on numerous threads over and over, where was the sacrifice? If Jesus were God, then he sacrificed nothing. Nothing could really hurt him, he didn't really die, and after his little sojourn to earth he immediately returned to heaven. If Jesus were a man and could actually die with no hope of resurrection or being "god" again, and allowed himself to be killed, actually gave up his one and only life, then  THAT would have been a sacrifice.

Aunty you said you were a Christian before have you realy then at that time loved God with your whole heart and sole have you really put in a big effort to be a Christian or were your live only a one hour or a two hour a week Christian,then you step over to the Muslims and you practice Islam now full time.

Why did Jesus say all this words then.
I Am the bread of live

I Am the Bread of Life 

John 6:35  Jesus replied: “I am the bread that gives life! No one who comes to me will ever be hungry. No one who has faith in me will ever be thirsty
               Jesus is God’s answer to man’s death (The Bread of Life).
      Jesus is God’s answer to man’s hunger (will never be hungry).
          Jesus is God’s answer to man’s thirst (will never be thirsty).

I Am the Light of the World 

John 8:12   Once again Jesus spoke to the people. This time he said, "I am the light for the world!  Follow me, and you won't be walking in the dark.  You will have the light that gives life."

I Am the Door  

John 10:7  Then said Jesus unto them again, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.”

I Am the Good Shepherd  

John 10:14   “I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep, and they know me.”

I Am the Resurrection and the Life 

John 11:25   Jesus said unto her, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believe th in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”

Why did Jesus said that he is the true vine, He said all this above words why then if it is  like he said why will God then send a substitute to demolish all his protocols.

Why haven't Muhammad said any of this.

Jouberar,
I see you probably did not read the Quran, otherwise you will know answer to what you wrote. All of God's prophets served the same purpose what you mentioned for Jesus (may God's peace be upon him).  God has told humanity in the Quran that those who follow the prophet and the message sent through Him will enter Pradise. Those who will deny, him and the message sent through Him and turn to in worship toward others, or deny God will be the loosers in the End and a great panelty is waiting for them.  Abraham taught that, Moses taught the same, David taught the same, and Jesus taught the same.
As far as Jesus being, vine,  bread, lamb, sheep or blood, those are human utterances, for which those who utter them will give account. In fact everything a person say apart from what they do and intend, they will give account on the judgement day.
You forgot to mention that Jesus was a servant of God, a prophet of God, and a man of God.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 06 April 2009 at 5:24pm
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 09 April 2009 at 9:36am
"You forget that Jesus willingly gave His life for us."

If Jesus is dead, then who is that alive and sitting at the right hand side of God?

Of course this brings up the question of if Jesus is God then how is he sitting at his right hand, but that's a different thread.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 09 April 2009 at 5:41pm

Jamal- "Whether intended as defamatory or it is just uninformed, the above is just Wrong. "

Not intended to be anything other then an observation.  The system was set up by GOD very early in man's history.  You can read about it in the Torah.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 09 April 2009 at 5:57pm
LOL!  Shasta- you didn't pay attention in Sunday School did you.

Jesus' human form died, His soul went to preach to the spirits in prision/hell.  Jesus' human form was then resurrected.     He appeared to many- remember doubting Thomas?

Acts 1
9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Right hand of GOD means Jesus has the authority to be our judge.  He is not literally sitting in a chair next to GOD who is sitting on some throne.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit are spirit and everywhere.

What kind of body will we have in heaven?  Is it the same one?  A spritual body?

1 Corinthians 15
 42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
      If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
hat2010

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 10 April 2009 at 5:07am
Originally posted by believer

Why the need for a sacrifice- a payment is needed to compensate.
In Old Testament times a perfect animal was sacrificed. Even Muslims carry out this ritual sacrifice even though they have no idea why, they have forgotten!!

Jamal- "Whether intended as defamatory or it is just uninformed, the above is just Wrong. "

Not intended to be anything other then an observation. The system was set up by GOD very early in man's history. You can read about it in the Torah.

Then you are mistaken in your observation.
Your observation is skewed.
In a nutshell: Wrong.

The Torah is not considered the whole of Judaism by anyone, also it not the only book which informs Christianity or the only Hebrew text referred back to in Islam.

Within "Prophets"

‘To obey is better than sacrifice’. 1 Samuel 15.22

‘“To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to me?” says the Lord. “I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls or of lambs or goats. … Bring no more futile sacrifices; incense is an abomination to me.”’ Isaiah 1.11-12

‘For I desire mercy not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.’ Hosea 6.6.

A general malaise towards blood sacrifices also evolved over time.

To repeat from the Holy Quran, which nearly echoes the above verses:

(Qur'an 22:37: "It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches God. It is your piety that reaches Him...").

IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 10 April 2009 at 5:24am
Yes, absolutely it is better to obey then sacrific!!

Problem is we don't obey so GOD set up the sacrific system for us.
John 3
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 10 April 2009 at 7:38am

Jesus' human form died, His soul went to preach to the spirits in prision/hell.  Jesus' human form was then resurrected.     He appeared to many- remember doubting Thomas?

Acts 1
9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Right hand of GOD means Jesus has the authority to be our judge.  He is not literally sitting in a chair next to GOD who is sitting on some throne.

What kind of body will we have in heaven?  Is it the same one?  A spritual body?

1 Corinthians 15
 42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

That doesn't really answer my question. Even you are saying that his physical form was up walking around in three days, so Jesus didn't really DIE, did he?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 10 April 2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt

Acts 1

1 Corinthians 15

That doesn't really answer my question. Even you are saying that his physical form was up walking around in three days, so Jesus didn't really DIE, did he?

But some day your body will be raised up, at the resurrection.  Does that mean you won't really have died?  You really seem to be implying there's no such a thing as death................Confused
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 64 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version