Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Men (Brothers)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Men (Brothers)
Message Icon Topic: The problem with SOME women Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
ZamanH

Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Quote ZamanH Replybullet Posted: 20 July 2005 at 2:52am

Following is the excerpt from a BBC article about nudity openly practised in the West .

Grin and bare it
By Duncan Walker
BBC News Online Magazine

It's 25 years since Britain's first major nudist beach got the go ahead, provoking widespread controversy. Is nakedness still a laughing matter?

A short stretch of pebbly foreshore entered the history books on this day in 1979, when it was designated Britain's first major nudist beach.

A vociferous "No" campaign was unable to persuade Brighton councillors that bathing in the altogether was a disgrace, and the town took the bold step of deciding that bathing suits were optional.

A quarter of a century on and the beach is still there, a source of pride to naturists, who say they are increasingly accepted by a British public used to seeing nudity on holiday and in the media.

The group British Naturism estimates that there are now half a million naturists in the UK, and boasts that its own membership is up 20% over the last five years, to 25,000.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 20 July 2005 at 10:44am
I unfortunately agree with the brother Zaman on the issue of moral decline in Western civilization. We truly commercialize sexuality, but at the same time most Arab countries and even some Muslim dominated Indian areas also repress some important sexual issues. The issue here is not that but the issue here the topic at hand unfortunately you missed that by bringing your topic over here, but I guess right is right. Brother you have to get in the habit of saying "peace" or re-stating your comment even if a person shows ignorance to your message. By calling them "Dumbo" or "tardo" which the latter I translated as retard is not appropriate. I do this because I've caught myself doing that here and its nor right either. We are all examples of our teachings so I would suggest to you brother to please be patient to those who do no understand what you truly mean.
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 20 July 2005 at 10:47am

BTW Kim your comment which sister Khadija politely addressed was really ignorant, no offense. By you generalizing us Muslim men not only shows your own lack of understanding cultural diversity but your ignorance of men period. All men are different no two men act the same although two men can show similar traits. As for the sensitivity men and women's minds are different. There are men who are more sensitive than women and vice versa what has to do with brother Zaman's point? Again You're  an example of my current title

Edited by Israfil
IP IP Logged
ZamanH

Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Suspended

Quote ZamanH Replybullet Posted: 21 July 2005 at 12:34am

Originally posted by kim!

Really? Tell me - are all Indian men cute, humorous little guys who like nothing better than to toady to the British and other upper-class visitors. Cos that's what _I_ have seen on tv a lot.  Idiot.

That is an embarassment. But Indian men alone are not to be blame. Western women who come here dress very shamelessly. They stroll around half-naked in beaches and often wear see-through shirts. And they blame the Indian men when they harass them!!!!???

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 21 July 2005 at 6:15am
LOL- that is funny
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2005 at 9:25pm

Hi Kim,

I guess you already know, I love your angry responses.  But, please keep them impersonal, or it becomes very tough to moderate.

I hope there is no offense taken by the muslim men, who are trying to defend their gender so passionately in this thread.

This is practically my first summer in "the west", tho I was here last year as well, but was too busy settling down. The way I have seen canadians walking out of their clothes with the comming of summer is absolutely shocking. 

There are some cultures where men think oogling is their birth right, so covered or not covered, some people just wont abstain ... still I suppose all these ppl who shed their clothes off, like a dead skin, should try to wear some dignity like the women of the lands they go to visit. I echo the objections Zaman has posed in this context.

Peace,

Nausheen

Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2005 at 9:43pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by Israfil

BTW Kim your comment which sister Khadija politely addressed was really ignorant, no offense. By you generalizing us Muslim men not only shows your own lack of understanding cultural diversity but your ignorance of men period. All men are different no two men act the same although two men can show similar traits. As for the sensitivity men and women's minds are different. There are men who are more sensitive than women and vice versa what has to do with brother Zaman's point? Again You're  an example of my current title

To understand Kim's posts is not easy, and I wont blame anyone who thinks she is puting all muslim men in one basket. However so far what I have read from Kim in all these years, neither does she dislike men, nor muslim men.  her message is - "if you carry this attitude, you are telling us that muslim men are such".

May I ask why a wife is not betrayed when her husband is having an extra marital affair? Zaman has voiced this theory, in yet another thread ... and he deserves all the condemnation he can get from the women folk for this!

I read your comments in that thread, but had to leave before it was over, and now have not revisited it. Brother, somebody is denying an act of cheating, and this should not be supported. Kim's post is not for all muslim men ... it is for Zaman, and men like Zaman! If they don't at least we should realise they are sending a wrong message to the society, which should not be accepted.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 22 July 2005 at 10:02pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

And, brother Israfil, I wanted to coment on your thread but just did not get a chance so far.

1. Women are not practical. They see some little things in too much depth, and ignore other little stuff, which may be bearing significance. When a man looks at the entire picture to conclude the message, a woman can focus only on certain aspects.

2. Not all women who are complaining are in a position to get up and bring the changes themselves. Accept it or not, in many, many societies, it is still a man's world, and it will always remain like this. A woman is either brought up to accept or because of her circimstances she cannot solve her problems. Thus the only thing that she can do is to complain ... it is a helpless complain. This is what I think. May be you are not refering to the same complians as I have addressed, and in such case, please clarify.

3. The prophet has said that a woman is like a curved rib, if you try to straighten her, it will break [and there is more to the hadith] ... so she is not like men, she is not created like men. She perceives differently, she thinks differently and then she reacts differently. Men need to understand this as much as women do, to understand why there are differences in attitudes.

4. It is this difference, that makes a woman soft, kind, generous, and patient. Therefore, when at one hand you appreciate the good side of a woman, on the other try to understand why these qualities are there ... it could be that you discover some bad stuff hidden within, which is nevertheless an essential core element, helping to shape up the exterior.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version