Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Men (Brothers)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Men (Brothers)
Message Icon Topic: The problem with SOME women Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Israfil

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 26 July 2005 at 11:27pm

Sister Nausheen Alhamdulilahi Rabbil Alamin for your response!

I have another question I overheard on the radio today that our Iraqi sisters are lobbying against the religious authorities in hopes of not having an Islamic based law (Shaira Law) what are your thoughs on this and the issues with women over there? This shouldn't be too off topic.

IP IP Logged
ZamanH

Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Suspended

Quote ZamanH Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Khadija1021

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother ZamanH, there is a big difference between coming to this forum board to post our thoughts with other muslims than to develop friendships between the sexs in person.  Males and females are not allowed to develop close friendships and affection on a physical level with persons of the opposite sex before, during or after marriage.  Where did you get the idea that this is permitted in Islam?

PAZ, Khadija 

Okay, I will recheck. I thought so, because, Prophet knew his wives well before their marriage and they both had seep sense of admiration for each other before their marriage. Also, people just don't seem to me coming here to share thoughts, some of them certainly does seem (to me) to have strong liking for each other, even though they belong to opposite sex.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:34pm

Bro Zaman,

Again I have to check what you say because there is an obvious difference between mutual friendship here and in person. We on Islamicity are a family (which encompasses friendship) we all participate in the discussions here be it agree or disagree we all do. There are times we agree with each other and we admire each others sayings and we tend to compliment each other. There is really no problem with that. I don't think but then again I'm American right? and I have western values right?

The differnece between with this and in reality (I call reality the world outside the computer monitor) is when a man and woman meet in person there are all types of possibilities that can happen. They may have a cordial relationship or they might have an intimate relationship. With this, there is the possibility to have an intimate relationship via Personal messaging, but we cannot assume the latter because we want to assume that every Muslim here upholds their Islamic duties. So yes there is a difference here and in the real world but I dont see why you are bringing what you should be saying in your own forum here because this is a different topic, and I hope the sisters from no on who respond here can stay on topic.

IP IP Logged
sarfaraz1

Starter
Starter

Quote sarfaraz1 Replybullet Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:44am
Ofcourse, this is one of the hot topic through which Islam is frequently denigrated by West.  Both present merits & demerits based on their social mindset and own perceptions. Going extreme to prove the superiority of culture and thought is really harmful for the entire civilisation.  The basic thinking of the west is their misconception that humane wisdom is perfect to guide the way.  Whereas, it is fundamental principle of Islam that human being has been given very little knowledge, which is quite insufficient for his perfect guidance.  By completely getting ride of their own religion West has left every thing unchecked to its dreadful consequences, which is just a matter of time.  The consequences are apparant in such societies and it will explod like the wisdom-based marxism theory.  But before that Islamic world is supposed to do their homework in a very strategic way.  Ofcourse, "Ifraadsazi"(Individual-carving), based on Quran, Sunnah & the history is must in the pretext of modern world.  No doubt women folk has played a very crucial role during the Golden period of Islam including conversion of the world's barbaric community around 7th century.  Ofcourse, we need Doctors, Teachers, Islamic theologists, Reformists........in this 21st century.  But these all within the boundries of well-defined Islamic principles.  A lot has been done in the back ground(thoug a lot needs to be done), which needs to be popularised to break the mind-set in Muslim world.  Before that we are compelled to be exploited by the western world we are supposed to accept and explore the carving of our societies within the tenets of Islam.  It is real dutry of Islamic world(particularly the rulers) to act upon without losing time, otherwise, the sword is on their head from within and from outwards.  Allah haafiz - sarfaraz
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 06 August 2005 at 11:27am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by Israfil

Sister Nausheen Alhamdulilahi Rabbil Alamin for your response!

I have another question I overheard on the radio today that our Iraqi sisters are lobbying against the religious authorities in hopes of not having an Islamic based law (Shaira Law) what are your thoughs on this and the issues with women over there? This shouldn't be too off topic.

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

I am sorry Israfil, to have not got back to this part of your thread yet. Was hoping to do some homework on the subject before I would say something, but it seems I have too many things at hand. Insha allah will write to you later.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 06 August 2005 at 10:00pm
Insha'llah I'll wait for it...
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:51pm

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Israfil,

Assalamualaikum wa rahamtullah wa barkatuhu,

I think it would be very hard to find out the exact local political situation in Iraq, unless we hear from the people there.

My impression of the news report  -- and this is just my impression, that there may be a group who would come forward under the shade of Western influence and talk about Islam as an imposition. I think the deep rooted Islam of so many years still lives in the hearts of muslims, and it cannot be eradicated by any democracy or modernization. At least not so fast I hope.

So it would be hard to say if majority of the people in Iraq are scared of Islamic sharia, or this is what we are shown in terms of lobbies against it.

So far there is no State in this world where the sharia is practised (or rather imposed) on the masses in fairness - in its truest and purest form. It would not be a surprise either, if we learn that most people fear this to happen in Iraq as well.

I is sad but true, muslims today are not ready to implement the sharia as a state law anywhere. Those who are doing it have made a mess.  We need to be prepared, and educated and accepting of the laws of Allah, in order to see our brothers and sisters following them.

These are my views on the subject. Took too long to write, am sorry for the delay.

Here is a link, I find quite similar reaction from an Iraqi muslimah, as one would expect from any other part of the world.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 19 August 2005 at 9:51pm

Wa' Alaikum Salaam Wa' Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Before my brief comment I have a question does:

mean:

"I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed (rejected) Satan?"

Sorry my Arabic is off a little and I know its a common greeting along with "As Salaamu Alaikum" at my masjid...sorry to sound like a noobie.....

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version