Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Science & Technology
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Science & Technology
Message Icon Topic: Muslims and drugs Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Tariq abu

Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tariq abu Replybullet Topic: Muslims and drugs
    Posted: 03 December 2008 at 10:03am
Why are muslims sacrificing the good pure things that allah has created for cheap chemical substances that modern people value...

SOme people governers are banning certain foods for being deadly to health killing people daily..
why havent muslims understood the true nature of these sustances they cinsume daily..they have seemed to forget the sunnah which was better for them for some modern dream that does not exist..
if you know what i am talking about then comment but i will go into detail a little later on specifically what is metnioned drugs chemicals and desctuctive substances that are making our people fat lazy and killing them quickly and disquestingly.
IP IP Logged
nothing

Quote nothing Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2008 at 1:46pm

Do you have a specific place in mind or is it general muslim population? I don't think drug use in muslim society as chronic like others. But yes it is increasing.

If you can make an example of certain place maybe we can comment on it.
IP IP Logged
mariacanadiana

Quote mariacanadiana Replybullet Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:35am
I thinkit is getting pretty bad, i know of a lot of young muslims in canada who will smoke weed.

something needs to be done
IP IP Logged
Hyposonic

Quote Hyposonic Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:48pm
Nothing said:

"I don't think drug use in muslim society as chronic like others."

LOL
"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"
IP IP Logged
Tariq abu

Starter
Starter

Quote Tariq abu Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2008 at 10:58pm
The use of drugs has been expanded also to modern drug uses that include conventional methods.....the use of artifical drugs legal and illegal has indicated the effects of health states not only ones that befog the mind but also those that befog the body as well...its a wonder how muslims do not come out and speak on these issues indeed...
IP IP Logged
Gulliver
 None
Senior  Member

Quote Gulliver Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:38am

Now this is a subject well worth looking at - for Muslim, Christian,  Jew and any others. Drugs of choice and their misuse. Teaching youngsters about the dangers of drug mis use. And understanding that religion itself can be a drug that is abused.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness

How do you give children a sense of the deeply spiritual that affirms their dignity, humanity and sense of self made by God.

The way adults 'teach' children about religion often damages them at a core spiritual level, and to degrees they will turn to drugs of varying kinds later in life. This is what needs looking at before anything else. In my opinion. Blame religion, not society in the first instance.
IP IP Logged
Gulliver
 None
Senior  Member

Quote Gulliver Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:42am

There was a man here in beginning, from Canada I think. I can't remember his username. A psychiatrist I think. He made some interesting comments at times on ways people are damaged by early religious experience, to the degree they are turned from it completely and look to other things. They don't use the term 'bible bashing' for nothing. Same might be said of Qu'ran with Muslims. I don't know. That despite the order for their to be no compulsion in religion - it is the very compulsive way in which faith/religion is passed on that is a kind of 'bash'ing - spiritual abuse. It does more harm than good.
IP IP Logged
Gulliver
 None
Senior  Member

Quote Gulliver Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:52am

Take them into hospitals and show them the destruction and death caused by deliberately poisoning the body, to self and others.

When I was 20 I took my first cigarette. Why in God's name I ever put the filthy thing in my mouth at that age I do not know. But I did, and that got me onto them for a few years. It was when I began working in a hospital and seeing people gasping for air, dying of all kinds of diseases, that I realised, "I have to stop this now."  I was actually going through an atheistic/agnostic phase then too. So thinking of God was not any kind of factor in the decision at that time. I had a gorgeous big alsation dog then. I was coming home one day and he ran down the street, jumped up on me, knocked me clean off my feet and I fell down a flight of concrete steps.  He was the size of a small elephant, so when he jumped on you you were easily knocked down. Lucky I did not break my neck. I did break my arm badly though and that was when I stopped the cigs. I detest them now. It's true - ex smokers are the most critical of smoking. That was 20 years ago.

I have a sixteen year old nephew and the kids here too are not getting heavily into smoking marijuana. Then there is alcohol and all the rest. It's hellish. How to tackle these things is a huge issue and one all should be working on.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version