Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Let's Try Part 3(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 40 Next >>
Friendship

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:38am
Assalamu alaikum.

Alwardah posted: The Profession common to most of the Prophets.......They were all shepherds.

Response: Correct, but why? (Hint: Answer is in the Books of Genesis and Exodus).
Friendship.
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

bullet Posted: 14 December 2008 at 5:29am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Glad to see you sis Alwardah, We missed you. The slow pace of thread, must be understood. By the way, was happy to see sis Sakeenah's message as well. She sent a message, to convey all the members eid wishes and her apologies was not being active because of a commitment

Hope sis Chrysallis and bro, Saladin too joins us soon. They must not have yet finished there share of sheep Smile

It was answered correct, sis Alwardah. I had no serious question in my mind, so posted that.

"Friendship", am sorry, i cannot answer your question, as lack knowledge from bible. May be our other active members too, cannot answer. So the ball is back to your court Smile

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

bullet Posted: 15 December 2008 at 2:59am
Next Question

Once caliph Umar visited Damascus and called upon a companion of Prophet. He found the door was just ajar and entered to be greeted in a dark home where this sahaba sat on a bed of pebbles and wrapped in a sheet barely enough to keep away the biting cold of Damascus. Umar RA asked him as to why he led a life of misery. He recounted the Prophet’s hadith wherein he (the Prophet) had advised his followers to gather only as much of the worldly provisions as they would need on a journey. Tears burst out of Umar’s eyes and they both wept throughout the night.

Now the question is, who this sahaba is ?

Edited by seekshidayath - 15 December 2008 at 3:00am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:28am
Assalamu alaikum.

So far I can say Bilal. But I am looking at another book of Umar bin Khattab.
friendship.
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

bullet Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:09pm

Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

One of them is correct. Try on "freindship".
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 19 December 2008 at 11:04am
Assalamu alaikum.

What of Abu Ubaida ibn Al-Jarah?
Friendship.
IP IP Logged
Alwardah

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 19 December 2008 at 11:27am

As Salamu Alaikum

I think it was Abu Dharr (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

Going back a few post, I would also be interested in knowing why all the prophets were shepherds.

Jazkallahu Khairan

Salams

“Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An’am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 19 December 2008 at 2:17pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Alwardah posted: Going back a few post, I would also be interested in knowing why all the prophets were shepherds.

Response: This is of academic interest only. Briefly, the majority of the Messengers mentioned in the Qur'an where from the Children of Israel. They were initially given the propagation and teaching of the Shari'a. They were all the Children of Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham )AS. He gave Isaac the land to the East and about 6000 head each of goats, sheep, cows etc (I have forgotten the actual number). Later on during the time of Prophet Musa (AS) Allah commanded them to offer sacrifices of animals during festivals and on sins committed. The details are in the Book of numbers 28-29. 
Friendship.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 40 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version