Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Challenge to Trinitarians. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Mansoor_ali
Male  Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mansoor_ali Replybullet Topic: Challenge to Trinitarians.
    Posted: 28 September 2008 at 8:36am

1-Can you bring me the Passage where Jesus says I am God

2-Can you bring me the verse where Jesus said God is three in One

3-Can you bring me the verse where Jesus claims to have dual natures i.e. fully man and fully God

IP IP Logged
Mansoor_ali
Male  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Mansoor_ali Replybullet Posted: 01 October 2008 at 3:25pm

I think no body is interested to accept my challenge?

IP IP Logged
Nazarene
Male Islam

Quote Nazarene Replybullet Posted: 02 October 2008 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali

I think no body is interested to accept my challenge?

where's a 10 year old kid when you need one, LOLLOL.

Edited by Nazarene - 03 October 2008 at 11:02pm
love for all conquers all
IP IP Logged
Mansoor_ali
Male  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Mansoor_ali Replybullet Posted: 05 October 2008 at 5:15pm

Let us look at the following verses from the Bible:

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 4:8-10)"

There are some logical problems with the trinitarian in these verses:

1-  Notice how satan told Jesus "if you will bow down and worship me."  It is crystal clear that satan knew Jesus as a Messenger from GOD Almighty, and not GOD Almighty Himself.  Otherwise, he wouldn't dare to tell his Creator that.

2-  Notice Jesus' response to satan: "Away from me satan! For it is written 'Worship the LORD your God, and serve Him only".   Jesus here was clearly directing satan to GOD Almighty; a being other than Jesus.   Jesus did not tell satan "worship me".

IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 06 October 2008 at 4:00am
Asalam Alaikum,

You do realize this has been "debated" so often on this board that for most of us its like, oh not again.. lol Smile

The Christians on here I respect alot. Some have been here along time. And you know, they hold their views.. and I respect them cause they are nice and actually care about things. I wish we could all worry more about the people who have run amock-- wasting their lives away.

Really search down and read the old threads. Its been on about  a dozen times if not more.

Nothing personal...

Hayfa 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
robin

Senior  Member

Quote robin Replybullet Posted: 25 October 2008 at 7:37am

3-Can you bring me the verse where Jesus claims to have dual natures i.e. fully man and fully God

NON ARE TO BE FOUND IN THE BIBLE!

PASSAGES CAN BE MISINTREPTED TO SAY THE ABOVE BUT OTHERS TEXTS SOON SHOW WHAT A FALSE IDEA THE TRINITY IS!

Edited by robin - 26 October 2008 at 1:29am
IP IP Logged
Daley
Male Christian
Starter.
Starter.

Quote Daley Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2012 at 2:25pm

I accept your challenge. This is the verse where Jesus claimed, or rather, admitted that he was God.

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believe." (John 20:28-29)

Thomas called Jesus ho karious mou kai ho theos mou, literally, the Lord  OF ME and the God OF ME. So Thomas was calling Jesus his God, and  Jesus blessed Thomas' profession of faith. He acknowledges Thomas' belief, and says that those who don't see and yet believe this are likewise blessed. So Jesus was expressing approval of what Thomas said.

If Jesus was not God, then what Thomas said here was blasphemy, and Jesus would have rebuked him for it, but he didn't, he agreed with Thomas. What's more, the texts says that Thomas said "to him," that is, to Jesus. He didn't call Jesus "my Lord," then look up to heaven and call the Father "my God," no, Thomas said "to him," to Jesus, "my Lord and my God," so both terms are applied to Jesus. Jesus is therefore, not only the Lord, but also the God of Thomas.

There are other places where Jesus claimed to be God, but I'll await a response to this first. I'd really like it if you could email on me email address at daleyveneita@live.com. But if you want others on this site to benefit from the discussion, so be it, post here. Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Daley

I accept your challenge. This is the verse where Jesus claimed, or rather, admitted that he was God.

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believe." (John 20:28-29)

Thomas called Jesus ho karious mou kai ho theos mou, literally, the Lord  OF ME and the God OF ME. So Thomas was calling Jesus his God, and  Jesus blessed Thomas' profession of faith. He acknowledges Thomas' belief, and says that those who don't see and yet believe this are likewise blessed. So Jesus was expressing approval of what Thomas said.

If Jesus was not God, then what Thomas said here was blasphemy, and Jesus would have rebuked him for it, but he didn't, he agreed with Thomas. What's more, the texts says that Thomas said "to him," that is, to Jesus. He didn't call Jesus "my Lord," then look up to heaven and call the Father "my God," no, Thomas said "to him," to Jesus, "my Lord and my God," so both terms are applied to Jesus. Jesus is therefore, not only the Lord, but also the God of Thomas.

There are other places where Jesus claimed to be God, but I'll await a response to this first. I'd really like it if you could email on me email address at daleyveneita@live.com. But if you want others on this site to benefit from the discussion, so be it, post here. Thanks.
All added much later...we don't really know what the original New Testament contained.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version