Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups – Men (Brothers)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups – Men (Brothers)
Message Icon Topic: sins of masturbation? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:30am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2010 at 3:23pm
A sacrament? Huh - interesting.
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by abuayisha

A sacrament? Huh - interesting.

Well, whatever is the opposite of a sin, at any rate.  Pure pleasure, a gift from God with no strings attached, and a providential alternative to Nabil's endless frustration, as well as to promiscuity and the desperate loveless relationships (married or not) that Sign*Reader seems to be encouraging.

Edited by Ron Webb - 26 June 2010 at 4:02pm
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2010 at 5:25pm
Thumbs%20UpLOL
IP IP Logged
nu001
Male  Islam

Quote nu001 Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

Thumbs%20Up
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
IP IP Logged
Nabil

Quote Nabil Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:13pm
with pray and help from Allah, I no longer feel compelled to do it and have officially stopped doing it.

U people can stop now.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:59am
NabilClap
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2010 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Ron Webb

Ron
I love your lashing out on my recommendation LOLwithout considering the extenuating circumstances!
My advice was based on domicile of the subject i.e., Iran, with mullah rule how he is going to fulfill "a stable and loving relationship beforehand"? If caught in that situation he would end up in hot water!
Did you think about that situation?
Islamic marriage is a contract not a love affair... you might like to know!
The high divorce rate in the west doesn't reflect guarantees on continuity of that feigned love based on the premarital carnal desire! Just look at lives of Clintons and Gores for example...Say it again, why did they marry?

And that sacrament part is a stretch...LOL

Edited by Sign*Reader - 28 June 2010 at 8:43pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version