Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Introduction: Who am I?
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Introduction: Who am I?
Message Icon Topic: You took me in O Islam . Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Abdul-Salaam

Online Status: Offline
Quote Abdul-Salaam Replybullet Topic: You took me in O Islam .
    Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:46pm
 Salaam.  to all. I'm new to islam so please be kind . Without hesitation  I have taken my Shahadah! Some may say " that's a big step that should not be taken lightly." Well their right. And I did not.  I was born and raised as a christain . My family is old . It has been traced back to the Cathars in southwest france.( the chruch didn't wipe us all out.) our affection for Islam was well documented. During  a near fatal car accident(for me and my whole family.) Something happend ,Somethimg compeling , I lost more than 3/4 of all my blood. But never went "cridical". The doctors did not understand why I was alive.Well as I sat in that car bleeding out for 40 min. In my mind was said seek truth. that which was denied you. i did not understand at the time but i remembered. Well I seeked. I started with the gospel of thomas, than phillip, the nag hamadi , but that wasn't it. Then the gospel of the holy twelve which still bought me closer but still was polluted by mans touch. Then barnabas. The closest I found to true the true tachings of jesus(uhbp) but still something in me said push on. truth is still to come you will find rest.. All that has taken placed here spans 10yrs. The books I have read I read with the deepest of thought. The Message The Message I was so hungry I was starving for the complete word.My heart cried out. Then within this year  I found what was lost to me .  No more do I feel there's more . No more do I feel astray. My mind is at peace my soul is content. I am home . The more I read the Quran the more complete i become. I encurage all christains to read the words of god given to his profet muhammad  (pbuh)untouched by mans greed for worldly power in his name. The most important thing mahammad(p)  reminded me of that christains don't realize or fail to admit is THE MESSAGE is bigger than the messenger . THE MESSAGE IS WHAT SAVES YOU GODS WORD!!! and we have been blessed with the pure word held in trust by his faithfull his beloved children in spirit Islam. Well i tend to ramble on when god is spoken of . p.s. Please pray with me for my loved ones as they come to grips with me.
reborn in the witness of god..  peace to all the world . peace to your house. peace to your mind. peace to your heart .peace to your soul.
 your beloved 
   Ameen Abdul-Salaam

Edited by Abdul-Salaam - 02 September 2008 at 12:19pm
guided
IP IP Logged
semar

Quote semar Replybullet Posted: 26 August 2008 at 11:29pm
Assalamu alaikum,

Wellcome to Islam and to this forum and congratulations for taking the shahadah.

Edited by semar - 27 August 2008 at 3:16pm
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
IP IP Logged
Abdul-Salaam

Quote Abdul-Salaam Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2008 at 6:21am
Originally posted by semar

Assalamu alaikum,

Wellcome Islam and to this forum and congratulations for taking the shahadah.

thank you for the welcome. you must forgive my spelling and typing at times my mind goes faster than hands. and thats trouble if your not a good speller anyway. i guess i should have posted most of this in the why i have chosen Islam topic.But thats in the past like my old life. I'm sure my story  is very familar to you anyway. if i seem to be uneducated in things it's because i've been self educated. i read and pray for guidence.

Ameen abdul-salaam.   love of allah and peace on earth are my only conserns right now.

Edited by Abdul-Salaam - 02 September 2008 at 12:19pm
guided
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2008 at 6:31am
Salaams, and welcome!
IP IP Logged
peacemaker
Male Islam
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote peacemaker Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2008 at 10:23am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Abdul-Salam, welcome to Islam and the forum. Smile

Please feel at home. May Allah help us overcome our shortcomings and help us guide humanity.

Together, we will learn and grow, insha Allah.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2008 at 5:50pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the discussion boards of Islamicity. Hope and wish  you to have a good time here.

Your story is an inspiring one. JazakAllah, for sharing it with us. One who is in search of truth, certainly  gets blessed by it.

Brother, Abdus Salam, i did not understand  a sentence from your story. This is that line

: " and we have been blessed with the pure word held in trust by his faithfull his beloved children in spirit Islam"

Can you further explain us this sentence  to us.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
Alwardah

Senior  Member

Quote Alwardah Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2008 at 6:27am
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to Islam and to the forum.

May we learn from each other.

May Allah forgive us for our shortcoming and help us overcome them ameen

Salams
“Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An’am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
IP IP Logged
Abdul-Salaam

Quote Abdul-Salaam Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2008 at 10:18am
Originally posted by seekshidayath

As'Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the discussion boards of Islamicity. Hope and wish  you to have a good time here.

Your story is an inspiring one. JazakAllah, for sharing it with us. One who is in search of truth, certainly  gets blessed by it.

Brother, Abdus Salam, i did not understand  a sentence from your story. This is that line

: " and we have been blessed with the pure word held in trust by his faithfull his beloved children in spirit Islam"

Can you further explain us this sentence  to us.

We all how evil though the greed and shortcomings of humanity has corrupted  Allahs word from his messengers in the past corruptors like    EZRA, PAUL,THE ORTODOX CHURCH etc. That is why When Allah reviled to his last messenger Muhammad(pbuh) his final word to humanity Allah instucted him how to do so that future generations would not suffer the same fate.
The message reviled to his profet(pbuh) has remained untouched since the first quil touched the parchment. THIS IS THE PURE WORD ENTRUSTED TO ISLAM. And for my children in spirit comment. Allah can not have offspring of the flesh. Allah is the pure spirit which everthing eminates and exsitis. He is spirit so he bares offspring in spirit. Not some other being (ie The holy spirit) but of his spirit alone. For none other exisitis  but his. Thus Islam holds the truth within. 

i'm new to the faith and most  humbely leave myself open to correction. it is truely the best way to bring out the wisdom of others.
 salam

Edited by Abdul-Salaam - 02 September 2008 at 12:17pm
guided
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version