Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: U.S. as a Vessel of God’s Goodness Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2005 at 3:06pm

I know they can print as many dollars as they could get away with, but some old habits die hard. Like . . .

So, Mr Bremer, where did all the money go?

At the end of the Iraq war, vast sums of money were made available to the US-led provisional authorities, headed by Paul Bremer, to spend on rebuilding the country. By the time Bremer left the post eight months later, $8.8bn of that money had disappeared. Ed Harriman on the extraordinary scandal of Iraq's missing billions

Thursday July 7, 2005
The Guardian

IP IP Logged
b95000

Senior  Member

Quote b95000 Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2005 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Whisper

W: Your post is riddled by half truths.

A: I live in Spain and know Spanish history well. The Moors didn't rule Spain as tyrants. It was a progressive Muslim, Christian Jewish venture. History and local Andalucian records prove that.

W: Do you own the Distorted History Press?

B: No serious retort - just perjorative?

A: Everyone believed Saddam had these weapons, from the UN inspectors to every intelligence service in the world! The evidence indicates that even Saddam believed he had them.

M: Did the UN weapons inspectors really believe that? Do you want me to produce Hans Blix's testimony before and after the God's (or is it Gaad's) Goodness Army's invasion?

B: Hans Blix was not convinced either way - also the question, in part, was not whether Saddam, who sat on billions in oil wealth dictatorially, had WMD capabilities, but how imminent his threat was against civilization.  That will never be an issue now and to remove this:
http://www.massgraves.info/
is something to praise, don't you think Mr. Cynic?

W: Somewhere you also mention 9/11. Why were those planes allowed to go off their "flight paths" for a whole 58 minutes when US natwork can deal with any stray plane withing 8 minutes?

Why hasn't an independent enquiry been held to find out who actually did it? Your admin lied to you and the world on Iraq. It has lied to you also on 9/11.

B: The bipartisan 9/11 commission did an exhaustive review of all these matters - I'm sure you have a copy for reference - I've got two - want me to send you one Whisper?

Do you keep posting half-truth trash taking it for granted that the rest of the world is as ill informed as the American public? Do you do it everyday or is it because of some particulra health crisis?

B: With your attitude - piss poor - you make a very bad representation of yourself.  Is that intentional?  Ill informed for you may be as close as looking in the mirror.  Don't start any arguments with yourself now...

However divine your country may be right now it has just one choice - to get out of Eyerak and Afghanistan. Either you get out yourself or we send you back in bodybags.

B: Who are you?  Qaeda Spain?  Talk about a "particulra health crisis?"(sic)

Just wish you had spent all those billions rubbished by your Neo-Cons to provide Health Cover to your own 40% without any health cover. Or, on those poor one in five kids who go to sleep on an empty stomach and in cold!!

B: What in the world do you know about the US anyhow, Cynic?  What are YOU doing for the poor, by the way?

W: "...we can see through your agenda very clearly. Not all the world is fed on spin as you seem to imply in your posts. But then we always think that everyone else is only like us."

B: Can't you see the irony of your own words?!

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
IP IP Logged
b95000

Senior  Member

Quote b95000 Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2005 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by DavidC

Whisper, the US government does not need Iraq or OBL to produce billions
of dollars. All they need do is PRINT IT!

You conspiracy types are way too complicated!

The US economy produced US$11.75 Trillion GDP in 2004 and Spain was under 1...

Next question?
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2005 at 5:19am

I wonder if B95000 even knows what we are discussing here?

That's what makes it exactly all the more exciting. US had such a turnover and yet they had to steal poor Iraqis' money? Just go up a bit and see:

So, Mr Bremer, where did all the money go?

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2005 at 6:13am

However hard you huff and however hard you puff, today, the whole world including all the educated serious Americans hold this war as a grave crime against humanity. With whatever words you may try to clothe the US, it just stands as a filthy war criminal.

Sir, it's not my fault that your country has got a bit of a smelly name right now. If you really love your country so, please, just correct her in deed, not just with such immature posts.

Your Bi-Partisan Commission didn't touch "Who had Done 9/11". The world knows why the commission was set up. My friend, the world thinks. We are not just Americans.

On US poverty, please, read some serious US publications.

IP IP Logged
Astrophysicist

Quote Astrophysicist Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2005 at 6:57am
Originally posted by rocitreal

First of all, Kofi Annan was found innocent of any wrongdoing with the Food for Oil program. 

Are you not aware of the recently discovered memo that indicates Annan was very much aware of and mysteriously silent about his son's activities, and that his son is still under investigation (under indictment, actually, I think) and pretty obviously clearly guilty? (Still, he has probably acquired enough money to buy  a different verdict.)

Secondly, Hans Blix was not a supporter of the Invasion of Iraq he was a supporter of giving the Inspectors who were in the country more time to look for the WMD.

Blix has but one area of expertise. Bush had many other factors to consider. For example, it was possible that Blix had been corrupted, as had so many other UN officials, by Saddam's billions. More importantly, because of the possibilty of chem and bio weapons in Saddam's arsenal, U.S. and allied military personnel might have to wear heavy chem and bio suits; so the operation had to begin before the hottest weather began -- or wait at least six months. Waiting would cause serious diplomatic, logistical, and morale problems.

Then, consider the prospect of having to deal with a murderous, lying piece of crap Saddam for the rest of your term in office and leaving that mess and his even more depraved sons to future administrations....

Sadaam was cooperating as Blix stated at the United Nation Security Council prior to the US invasion which demanded the inspectors leave the country.

Really? After ten years of not co-operating, Saddam suddenly seems reasonable? Why might that be? And for how long would that go on? Do you suppose that maybe he was co-operating only because a huge American force was ready to invade? What would happen the moment that force left? If you had any knowledge of military matters, you would know that you can't let an enemy jerk you back and forth like that. Once the American force was in place, it was too late for Saddam. he should have abided by the terms of his surrender. Once it was clear that he had could not be trusted, he had to go. Existing WMD becomes a secondary matter.

I was very upset about this previously but have put it behind me to try and face our current difficulties in the security of Iraq as well as the rest of the world in the face of terrorism.  Bush undoubtedly used poor intellegence as a primary source for support for the invasion as shown by former ambassidor Wilson's goverment ordered investigation into the Uranium supposedly purchased from africa which led Rove to tell reporters of his wifes identity leading to the criminal investigation now underway.

My understanding is that (1) the British stand behind the "yellow cake" intelligence report, even though Wilson could not independently confirm it, and (2) that Rove did not disclose his wife's identity but simply said, "Yeah, I've heard that, too" when Novak said to him, "I heard Wilson's wife works fot the CIA." It has all been politicized to the point of not being recognizable.

Peace.

Astro

Edited by Astrophysicist
1. We each bring the Universe into being in the act of perceiving it, but perception is not reality.

2. The medium IS the message, so a true religion of peace cannot be spread by threat of war.
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:12am

So that was not the usual way of outing someone? Sad, but that's how you lose credibility - by having a readymade answer for everything in the world.

That's is known as S P I N.

Gracias

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:14am
Hola! All the theives seem to have gone mumb about the Iraqi Missing Billions - what bunch of thugs!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version