Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Hatred within the Abrahamic faiths(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:12pm

last 3 post..finally some descent discussion.

For me, I was looking back to pretty much the formations of the religions. Not in recent times. Only because Minuteman actually posed the point in finding the cause and sometimes you need to go back to the start to see. Even Isaac and Ismail were at odds, i don't know about complete hatred but there were at least some tensions between them.

Angel, I have not just travelled, I have lived in the thick of the Middle East. Plus my own followers (3.2 million is not a mean number for a sample) are from different faiths. * (I don’t have Ahmadis - they consider anyone who does not swear allegiance to their Nabi as less than human. And, if I use half the words their Nabi has used in his books Islamicity will throw me out without even looking at the whole post. I have never read anything composed with more interesting words!)

People have the natural tendency to love. It’s a need with them; to love and be loved. Hatred is manufactured and forced at great expense. Yes, we do have a small percentage of people, with psychological disorders (like we have had bombers in London - who would like to bomb such loveable, though just a bit boring, Brits?) in any community, BUT they form the EXCEPTION and not the RULE of any thing.

Let’s see if our great “Feel Low sofars” produce the percentage or just live on their empty useless words?

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 6:16am
Israfil you see exactly what I mean when speaking of words-

There are individuals who do hate on a religious grounds. We all have seen and it doesn't require the use of the word "hate" to see hatred within the words of a person. We see it in judgemental statements, we see it in actions and other aggressive behaviors. Even condemning someone to hell simply because they don't believe in something we may believe in hatred because you are not only judging them but condeming them to a painful infinite existence beyond this world. Many Christians tend to do this a lot not so much Jews but there are fanatical Jews who, for political reasons are just as evil and ugly as these zealous Christians.

Please understand that I have had much hate directed to me by Muslims exactly as you say Christians have towards non-Christians.

I am condemned because I don't follow Mohammad, some Christians condemn because they are not understanding the full Word of God and I believe this is the case for Muslims.

Please remember each of us has control over how much we are offended by another's questions-  It is possibly not a judgement on you but a curiosity about your faith.  We all need tougher skin.

LOL!  Israfil we agree on something- about Mohammad!!

We have to allow others to believe in the way they do even if it is flawed.  I see have seen flaws in how Muslims preceive Chrisitians beliefs. 

Yes and it is the same with me and Islam- In additon in answering your question with a question: ow many of us can say that we truly know what Christianity or what Judaism is about? 
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 6:24am
If there were confirmations by saying each of us saying =yes I see how you understand such and such instead of your thinking is flawed or your response is sloppy things would flow better, feelings not hurt.

My attempt, in me saying: it is all in how we understand our GOD.  I happen to believe that GOD'S Word is Jesus in the flesh, you don't.

I believe that Mohammad like all prophets is man and thereful just as sinful and saintly as all other man.  Muslims disagree.

Remember our education levels, age, culture are all different from each other.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Whisper

last 3 post..finally some descent discussion.

For me, I was looking back to pretty much the formations of the religions. Not in recent times. Only because Minuteman actually posed the point in finding the cause and sometimes you need to go back to the start to see. Even Isaac and Ismail were at odds, i don't know about complete hatred but there were at least some tensions between them.

Angel, I have not just travelled, I have lived in the thick of the Middle East. Plus my own followers (3.2 million is not a mean number for a sample) are from different faiths. * (I don’t have Ahmadis - they consider anyone who does not swear allegiance to their Nabi as less than human. And, if I use half the words their Nabi has used in his books Islamicity will throw me out without even looking at the whole post. I have never read anything composed with more interesting words!)

People have the natural tendency to love. It’s a need with them; to love and be loved. Hatred is manufactured and forced at great expense. Yes, we do have a small percentage of people, with psychological disorders (like we have had bombers in London - who would like to bomb such loveable, though just a bit boring, Brits?) in any community, BUT they form the EXCEPTION and not the RULE of any thing.

Let’s see if our great “Feel Low sofars” produce the percentage or just live on their empty useless words?

Whisper is now being the ignorant fool I thought he wasn't. Love whether you believe it or not a conditioned response to a stimulus similar to occasionally feeding someone chocolate. Infants have a tendency to want nurture, but that is a physiological/natural response because human beings, much like chimps are born that way. This is not the same as love. Infants don't have a concept of love. They are taught and eventually, through teaching are told what the concept of love mean. Love, like hate as you said, is manufactured. Hatred can be manufactured through people conditioning their children to hate a particular individual, or members of a specific ethnic group. People can be taught to hate others of different religions. Regardless of where you live if people live in tolerance it is due to the fact that they have made a personal decision to live that ethnical lifestyle by making a rational decision of selecting a less aggressive, and less in-tolerable way of thinking. Somehow in the world they were taught those differences and understood the benefits and consequences of either being tolerant or not. It is still some sort of subtle conditioning upon them.

A natural inclination of attachment whether to a parent or to a guardian is not love, therefore, our understanding of this concept must be conditioned. |Remember, you part of the world is not reflective to the many countries abroad. Those are YOUR experiences, but I guess being travelled as you say you are are less intelligent abou the actuality of what is. I see love among human beings too, it's just not everywhere I go.

Edited by Israfil - 14 August 2008 at 10:25am
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 10:25am
Originally posted by believer

If there were confirmations by saying each of us saying =yes I see how you understand such and such instead of your thinking is flawed or your response is sloppy things would flow better, feelings not hurt.

My attempt, in me saying: it is all in how we understand our GOD.  I happen to believe that GOD'S Word is Jesus in the flesh, you don't.

I believe that Mohammad like all prophets is man and thereful just as sinful and saintly as all other man.  Muslims disagree.

Remember our education levels, age, culture are all different from each other.

Wow believer you surprise me. you said something I partially agree with.
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 10:56am
Whisper is now being the ignorant fool I thought he wasn't.
Give us the percentages of those who hate even in your wild figments of imagination or simply shut up. You are out of touch with reality and just furthering the American Agenda.
I challenge you out in the open - THERE IS NO HATRED JUST BASED ON RELIGION - OTHER THAN THE ONE PROMOTED - AT GREAT EXPENSE - BY YOUR ADMINISTRATIONS.

I ALSO CHALLENGE, you are a fake Feel Low sofar!
Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 10:58am

Forgot to add; this string is a mere waste of time and just a diversion from more important matters at hand right now.

Someone commented just a few minutes ago about your integrity and I have had to agree with her.

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 14 August 2008 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Whisper

Whisper is now being the ignorant fool I thought he wasn't.
Give us the percentages of those who hate even in your wild figments of imagination or simply shut up. You are out of touch with reality and just furthering the American Agenda.
I challenge you out in the open - THERE IS NO HATRED JUST BASED ON RELIGION - OTHER THAN THE ONE PROMOTED - AT GREAT EXPENSE - BY YOUR ADMINISTRATIONS.

I ALSO CHALLENGE, you are a fake Feel Low sofar!

Asking me to prove hatred in quantitative form is like asking me to prove how many human beings across the planet is happy. You cannot possiblly record nor speculate the amount of people who hate each other. If I can't provide quantitative data neither can you, you can only give me a record from prsonal experience. But, discussing and explaning hatred data  was not the point of the thread. The point of the thread ws to discuss EXPERIECES regarding hatred within the Abrahamic faiths. Blaming American Administration is a simple and basic excuse for the behaviors of people across the world.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version