Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: WHY CHRISTIANS REJECT THE KAABA. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Zaharah
Female Islam

Online Status: Offline
Quote Zaharah Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2008 at 5:32pm
SALAM
First of all I pray peace and Allah grace to us all.  I was born and raised christian all my life and a licensed teacher (minister) of the Gospel. I was one of the fortunate to be found of Islam. My brothers and sisters to walk in a religion and live it fully to your knowledge is great, but to be found by truth (Islam) is the greatest.  To even think of the Kaaba as an idol or that Muslims worship it is lack of knowledge.   Instead of focusing on biblical scripture, one should study the Quran and see (that's if you have eyes to see and ears to hear).  To see Islam as pagan worship is also lack of knowledge.  The truth will stand and we all will be raised on that Great Day.  I only SUGGEST that anyone wanting to know instead of listening to the media and people calling themselves leaders speak about something they have no knowledge of.  Search and find the truth.  Truth is like this, it will sit and wait to be found of; then it STANDS!  Once it stands, it will not sit again! PEACE...... Wink  
IP IP Logged
minuteman

Senior  Member

Quote minuteman Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 12:25am
Originally posted by honeto

Robin,
that sounds good, but the following verse is kind-a strange, as Jesus himself use to pray in open with others.
Luke 22:39Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." 41He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." 43An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

believer,
if you are reading this, note that Jesus get strengthened by an angel. We know that if he was God, as you claim, he would not need an angel of God's help.  

Hasan

Hasan, that is a great post from you. We are telliing the christian friends all about the real status of Jesus. But they by-pass the good verses and do not try to understand the reality. Why was jesus praying? To whom he was praying? He had a God? He was being visited by an angel. The angel was giving him message of goodness from his God and Jesus was being strengthened by the angel of God.
 That is in accordance with the verse of the Quran too, in which it was told to Jesus that he will not die on the cross but he will die a respectable death and he will be raised to Allah respectfully (3:52 to 3:55)
 Bible has also given hint to that message (Luke 22:43) as mentioned by the Quran. The angel from heavens visited Jesus in the time of great difficulty and assured him that all will be well by Grace of Allah and that he will not die a cursed death on the cross. That was the cup that Jesus was trying to avoid.

Anyhow, it is good help from hasan to understand that Jesus was being helped and promised good things by the angel. That is a point the christian friends should try to understand with fair mind. Thanks hasan.

Edited by minuteman - 25 June 2008 at 12:28am
If any one is bad some one must suffer
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote believer Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 5:01am
LOL!!  minuteman you are putting words into GOD's mouth- but I do not fault you for that.  In the Quran one can see all the words in parathesis that man has added to Mohammad/Allah's words.

["assured him that all will be well by Grace of Allah and that he will not die a cursed death on the cross."]

Remember that Jesus as the Living WORD of GOD was under the authority of GOD, limited by His human body, so of course He would pray to GOD.

LOL!!  honeto - Jesus was praying in front of His followers, not just any Joe-smoe on the street!!

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Zaharah

SALAM
First of all I pray peace and Allah grace to us all.  I was born and raised christian all my life and a licensed teacher (minister) of the Gospel. I was one of the fortunate to be found of Islam. My brothers and sisters to walk in a religion and live it fully to your knowledge is great, but to be found by truth (Islam) is the greatest.  To even think of the Kaaba as an idol or that Muslims worship it is lack of knowledge.   Instead of focusing on biblical scripture, one should study the Quran and see (that's if you have eyes to see and ears to hear).  To see Islam as pagan worship is also lack of knowledge.  The truth will stand and we all will be raised on that Great Day.  I only SUGGEST that anyone wanting to know instead of listening to the media and people calling themselves leaders speak about something they have no knowledge of.  Search and find the truth.  Truth is like this, it will sit and wait to be found of; then it STANDS!  Once it stands, it will not sit again! PEACE...... Wink  

MASHALLAH! SUBHANALLAH!
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 6:25am
Originally posted by believer

Do the prayers not count if you don't face Mecca?

From what I understand, when you are near Mecca, you are required to face Mecca, however when you are far far away, your Qiblah or direction is towards the sunset.

Imagine this, a Muslim in China starts praying facing the West, an Ausralian Muslim prayers also starts from the West, an African Muslim also faces the West. Muslims pray in one language and in one set of actions that were taught by our dear Prophet Muhammad. In other words, if a Muslim from China were to enter a mosque in Africa, he will not feel out of place, as the language and the actions are all the same.

That is the universality of ISLAM. The CHOSEN RELIGION OF GOD ALMIGHTY.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 6:43am

Hi Robin,

Do you know that the Kaaba is the center of the earth?

That it has zero magnetism compared to all other parts of the earth?

Muslim Scientist: Neil Armstrong Proved Mecca - World Center

MASHALLAH!

IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 7:53am
From what I understand, when you are near Mecca, you are required to face Mecca, however when you are far far away, your Qiblah or direction is towards the sunset.

Is this true?? I live far away and have never heard this.  In fact no one hears prays in the direction if sunset..  that might be in the far east where you are from.. but is not true in North America or the west coast of Africa or South America.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
minuteman

Senior  Member

Quote minuteman Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2008 at 9:51am

The above is not true. No body faces sunset direction except thos ewho are in the east side of Makkah. It is very easy to find the direction of Makkah from any place in the world. Whenever a mosque is built, the proper direction of Makkah is noted and mosque built accordingly.

It is interesting to note that Makkah lies just at the point where the sun passes in May and July. Makkah is about 23 degrees North latitude. The exact time and date can be found when the sun is directly above Makkah. At that time if the shadow of a staff (long rod) is noted, that will be the exact direction of Ka'abah.

So from north of England or from any place in Australia, the exact direction of Qiblah can be found and followed. It should also be noted that the order is to face the Qiblah physically and spiritually (intentionally). A small mistake when praying in a house can be overlooked. Or, when travelling in a train or a plane, the person may pray in whichever direction the transport is moving.
If any one is bad some one must suffer
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version