Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Science & Technology
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Science & Technology
Message Icon Topic: The Qur’an on Clouds Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Shasta'sAunt Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2008 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Truth_light24

It means that the Quran have said it long before the scientist have discovered it! Do I need to spell out the obvious?? Why in the world would I compare what the science says about the formation of cloud and that of what Allah said in the Quran??Disapprove

I think we can all agree that over 1400 years ago science did not understand how clouds were formed.

If anyone here does not agree with this, please post proof that there were meteorologists at the time of the Prophet, or before, that recorded the science of cloud formation.
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
rami
Male  Islam

Quote rami Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2008 at 4:05pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Assalamu alaikum

The problem isnt the Quran but the translation and assumptions being made and taken for granted. I dont think Ron web disproved anything truth light posted translation or otherwise even if i don't agree with it entirely.

The point isnt "the Quran said it 1400 years ago" that is an extremely shallow understanding of the verse. Allah says Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it... . (Qur’an, 24:43)

He is asking you to reflect on what it is he does to bring about rain, this is a much deeper statement. If you want to wonder in amazment how an Arab could know such things having lived in the desert all his life, while using "christian" standards of accepting things as fact when they are trying to disprove another religion....he got into a UFO the same ones spoken about thousands of years before christ and mentioned in the Hindu scriptures with some great detail went into the clouds learned about meteorology and the weather and came back down to earth.

Becouse if it existed at the time of the prophet [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] or even before his time it automatically means that is how he gained his knowledge....right RON?

Edited by rami - 03 June 2008 at 4:07pm
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2008 at 6:27pm
I'd like to reply, rami, but I have no idea what you just said. Ermm
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
rami
Male  Islam

Quote rami Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2008 at 10:20pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

if i have to explain it the humor and irony would be lost LOL

don't worry it wasn't entirely directed at you, lets just say some Christians are a hypocritical when it comes to looking in there own backyard.

Edited by rami - 03 June 2008 at 10:42pm
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
IP IP Logged
Zaharah
Female Islam

Quote Zaharah Replybullet Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:14pm
lol Rami, that's funnyLOL LOL
I just Love clouds.  We muslims just love them all the more because of our belief on how they were and who created them. Allah is great!
Zaharah LOL
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version