Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: From where did the trinity teaching come? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 32 Next >>
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2013 at 12:23pm
"The reality is that human mind is so innovative that it will find explanations for anything, that pleases him/her."

and some minds are so closed they will staunchly stick to whatever has been told to them without investigation.

Edited by Caringheart - 22 January 2013 at 12:24pm
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2013 at 12:31pm
"From where did the Trinity teaching come?"

From the scriptures
from the words of Jesus
from the witness of the Apostle's who walked with Him and observed that He was more than Human
from the testimony of many who heard Him speak
from the witness of Paul who had an encounter with God on the way to Damascus

These are the very Scriptures that testify about Me, 40 yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.
43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”  (the words of Jesus)

31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.
32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.
36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me.  (the words of Jesus)

The new testament(mystery) is concealed in the old (the prophesy of Jesus to come)
and the old testament(mystery) is revealed in the new (the coming of Jesus reveals what was hidden in the old testament)

Edited by Caringheart - 22 January 2013 at 12:31pm
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2013 at 12:01pm
Carinheart,
and the reality is that the same source you quoted from contradicts on many issues including the Trinity.
You and those like you claim that all three of the Trinity are equal. A little study of that claim in the Bible reveals that they are not. The OT is free from the concept of Trinity, and Jesus himself was a follower of the OT. It gets funnier and funnier. On top you claim that it is the truth!
Yet in other places you are saying things like that many ways (beliefs) lead us to God! I assume you mean to salvation? How come, from where do you take that?
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2013 at 6:01pm
Greetings Hasan,

I'm sorry I don't have time to elaborate my thoughts properly, so I ask that you will forgive me if they are a bit disjointed, but I wanted to reply to you before I would forget to do so.  So if you can bear with me.

I have said before that I do not believe in religion.  Religion is a thing of man.  I believe in what God reveals to me... Spirit, Truth, and in His Word. 
I believe it is our duty... that God wants us to see past man and his limited thinking, and discern good forces, from evil forces.

Jesus said; "the only way to the Father is through the Son"
This I believe.  I believe in Jesus and I believe in His words.
However, that being said, I also believe that God has sent many teachers, to all peoples, to lead them to good and away from evil.    I do believe there are many who are on God's path, seeking Him, seeking good and not evil.  So I do not believe all people of one faith, i.e., 'religion', or another, are astray.  If they are following the messenger that God sent to them, if they are seeking good, then they are not astray.  I have seen God's ways in Mormons, in Hindus, in muslims, in Buddhists, yogi's, Christians, Jews... I don't think there is a single subset of humans that I would say I can not see some of God's ways in.
Now, when Jesus returns however, all will see... no matter what faith they have been following, that Jesus is the way to God.  Those who have been seeking God(the Father, the Creator, the Supreme Being).

The old testament reveals that God is going to "do a new thing".  It only somewhat reveals what this new thing will be.  The mystery of the new testament is hidden in the old.
But when Jesus comes it is revealed.

I can not deny Jesus, and it is so easy to see all Truth revealed in reading the old testament.  The things the old testament spoke of have come, and are coming, to pass.

This is from the book of 2 Samuel:
         "the word of the Lord came unto Nathan"
and he spoke to David these words:
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son.
and again in Chronicles:
11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
12 He shall build me an house, and I will establish his throne for ever.
13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.
15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
This was the prophesied 'seed of David', whom Jesus was.
This is the mystery hidden in the old testament which was revealed in the new testament by Jesus' coming.

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Genesis 1:26)

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"-- (Genesis 3:22)

Here is a good teaching on the subject if you really are interested;
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/triunity.html

Wishing you well,
CH

Blessed be God forever

Edited by Caringheart - 24 January 2013 at 6:19pm
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:29pm
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Originally posted by Caringheart

I have said before that I do not believe in religion.  Religion is a thing of man.

It's not the first time I hear this from a Christian. I just don't understand how you can be a Christian, believe in the Bible, wear the cross and at the same time, say you don't believe in religion and that it is a thing of man. What do you mean because this baffles me?

Edited by Rational - 24 January 2013 at 11:31pm
الله
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2013 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Rational

I have said before that I do not believe in religion.  Religion is a thing of man.

It's not the first time I hear this from a Christian. I just don't understand how you can be a Christian, believe in the Bible, wear the cross and at the same time, say you don't believe in religion and that it is a thing of man. What do you mean because this baffles me?

I follow Jesus, and I do not believe Jesus was teaching religion.  In fact if anything, He taught against the organized religion of men.
I believe in the Bible because it is clearly true.
I also don't wear outward signs of my faith in my Lord.  My only outward sign of my faith is my own countenance.  Jesus criticized the pharisees for their outward show of piety, with their fancy dress, and their need to call attention to themselves.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long..."

The message of Jesus was to follow God's laws and to love one another... to demonstrate the Love of God.  He wanted His good news to go out to all people, spread and told by ordinary people to others as they would meet them.  He taught us simply to be good to one another... that is what fulfills the laws of God.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I follow Jesus and His Word.
Men make rules and build structures.
Does God live in a building?  or in our hearts?
Heart

Edited by Caringheart - 25 January 2013 at 6:49am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:38pm

"The reality is that human mind is so innovative that it will find explanations for anything, that pleases him/her."and some minds are so closed they will staunchly stick to whatever has been told to them without investigation.

sounds familiar Caringheart?

Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Rational

It is a trick they use, seeking to deceive others, but they only deceive themselves.
Hasan
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 32 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version