Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Jesus was crucified according to historia Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 69
Larry
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2012 at 2:44am
Hasan,

I don't have anything "against" Islam, I simply believe that it is not a true Abrahamic religion and that Allah is not the same God that is worshipped by Jews and Christians. A "blood sacrifice" is a sacrifice where a living creature is slaughtered for religious reasons, you yourself call it an "animal sacrifice" in your reply. Whether or not it absolves sins I have no idea. I do know that Muslims believe the "Black Stone" has the power to forgive sins and that on Judgment Day it will "have eyes to see" and a "mouth to testify" for those who have touched it with "sincerity."
   In Judaism and Christianity we no longer sacrifice animals in our religious rites as the ancients did, we also do not believe that any earthly object, or idol, has any power, let alone the power to absolve someone from their sins. That belongs to God Himself.
   And the idea that "Ibrahim" (Abu Raheem) and Ishmael "built" the original Kaaba in Mecca is simply ludicrous. Abraham's travels are followed closely in the Bible and he never went anywhere near southern Arabia. This is just another Muslim fabrication to connect Biblical persons with pagan sites, such as the Kaaba, in Arabia and elsewhere, to make a connection with the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. There is not the slightest proof that any monotheistic religion existed in Arabia before Muhammad had his "revelations" in the 7th century A.D.
   It is the ssame as the Muslim belief that the "furthest mosque" spoken of in the Qur'an was in Jerusalem. During the life of Muhammad there were NO mosques of any kind in Israel (or "Palestine" if you wish). Jerusalem is named 669 times in the Bible, Jerusalem is mentioned 0 Times in the Qur'an, "Palestine" isn't mentioned either. You would think that the "third holiest city" in Islam would be named at least ONCE in the Qur'an, but it's not.
   The Qur'an is filled with discrepancies from the number of days it took God to create the world to the many different ways that the Qur'an says Muslims should treat the "People of the Book." The Qur'an has no linear qualities, contains no geneaologies of Biblical characters, has no "prophecies" at all, it is arranged in a completely haphazard way, statements and stories are repeated many times. It even shows differences in the way and style that it is written from the Surahs "revealed" to Muhammad in Mecca to the later Surahs "revealed" in Medina. I would expect a "divine revelation" to be more carefully composed and have the same style from beginning to end.
   So for these and many other reasons I have absolutely no belief that Islam is anything more than a repackaged 7th century pagan Arabic religion. Even the name of "Allah" was used in pagan times for God. EVERY element of the "Hajj" is pre-Islamic in origin. And, in order to placate the Quryash tribe when Muhammad began to have his "revelations" he even included the "Daughters of Allah", Al-Lat, Al-Uzza and Manat, in his earliest "revelations." This was later removed and was blamed as the "work" of "Satan."
   But this wasn't the only time that "revelations" changed to suit a new need. The original "Qibla" was Jerusalem, with the idea that Jews would recognize him as a true "prophet," but, when the Jews rejected his "prophethood," the "Qibla" was changed to Mecca, the "excuse" for this being some kind of "test" of Muslim faith.
   The only "book" that has serious and manifold differences with both the Old and New Testaments is the Qur'an. So the idea that Jews and Christians "corrupted" their own religions is simply the only way to explain these fundamental differences between Islam, which did not exist prior to the 7th century A.D., and Judaism and Christianity, which existed thousands of years earlier in the case of Judaism and centuries later in the case of Christianity.
   So I really don't see any need to continue this endless argument about each of our religions. In the Bible there are never any changes in divine "revelation," Prophecies are made and prophecies are fulfilled, exactly as prophesied. That is the measure of a true prophet in the Bible, and as we have seen before, Muhammad never made ANY "prophecies" at all, so why he is called a "prophet" I have no idea.
   I am quite content that my faith in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit together make the Holy Trinity, the true and only God. Whether you understand the concept of the Trinity is not my problem, if you want to think of it as three "gods" you are welcome to, I'm not going to try and change your mind.
   I guess when Judgement Day comes we will find out who was right and who was wrong, won't we?

Larry

Edited by Larry - 03 December 2012 at 2:52am
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:40pm
Larry,
can you tell me if any of that relates to what we are talking about or to the subject?

How is the weather on your end by the way? LOL!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 December 2012 at 5:42pm
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 69
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version