Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Two types of unity? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote believer Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2008 at 7:43pm

LOL!!  Oh yes I forgot I was talking to a muslims, men and women are not equal!  LOL!!

As far as I know no Christian believes that the Father is the Son, is the Holy Spirit. 

We believe that the the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together are GOD.  NOTHING is equal to GOD!

Edited by believer
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote believer Replybullet Posted: 07 April 2008 at 8:01pm

Shasta's Aunt - How could there be parts missing of an omnipresent GOD?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:17pm

Hi believer,

you wrote, "We believe that the the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together are GOD.  NOTHING is equal to GOD!"

believer now you are a bit carefull with your words which is good. And I am glad to hear from you that nothing is equal to God, you are on the right path.

Now as far as your insistance that Jesus (pbuh) is part of God in trinity, you are mistaken. I remember you said once that the three parts of trinity are equal in power, and I showed you the quote where Jesus declared that Father is greater than him. Thus we know that they are not equal.

Than I showed you with the Bible quote that Jesus has a God, to whom he said he is returning, when he said "I am returning to my God and your God" Is there any thing clearer than that to tell you that to whom you are associating in godhead, is actually saying that he has a God, while you are making him a part of God.

So here we go again, I cannot understand how you  deny that.

Hasan

39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 08 April 2008 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by believer

LOL!!  Oh yes I forgot I was talking to a muslims, men and women are not equal!  LOL!!

As far as I know no Christian believes that the Father is the Son, is the Holy Spirit. 

We believe that the the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together are GOD.  NOTHING is equal to GOD!

Believer you are sounding quite silly and besides, you have a poor defense. I'd be ashamed (if I were you) with all that you have presented here.

Men and women are equal in the eyes of God because both are mammals and creatures belonging to this planet. there is no differentiation between males and females except that which is created biologically. Now what I meant as far as unequal I'm referring to pre-conditioned roles. Because society is largely patriarchal, men make more have more opportunities therefore the roles in marriage will be unequal because of the opportunities a male has. Whereas in some sectors of society women hae less opportunities, therefore roles in marriage is only limited. Of course this is a classical view and the roles of families are indeed changing.

"As far as I know no Christian believes that the Father is the Son, is the Holy Spirit." 

You need to take a Christian theology class you have dismantled thousands of years of Christian theology with that one comment.

IP IP Logged
myahya

Quote myahya Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:24am

"Beliver:  How could there be parts missing of an omnipresent GOD?"

1-     First you should ask yourself: How could there be an omnipresent and infinite GOD divided into parts?

2-     Whatever you give as reasons, one could easily prove the possibility of missing parts by using the very same reasons of yours.

3-     I wish you don’t deceive yourself anymore.

Edited by myahya
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Shasta'sAunt Replybullet Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by believer

Shasta's Aunt - How could there be parts missing of an omnipresent GOD?

Believer:

You have stated that Father+Jesus+Holy Spirit= God  

That all are equal. Is this not what you have stated?

Yet, in the Bible, Jesus states that God is more powerful than he is, and that he is returning to God.  In fact, on the eve of his crucifixion, Jesus prayed:

Matthew 26:39  Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Matthew 26:42 He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

Now, all things being equal, how could the Father will Jesus to do something which he clearly did not want to do?

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote believer Replybullet Posted: 10 April 2008 at 12:37pm
NO, equal components in that All are GOD, each different in how They react with us.  Everything done in unity.  Jesus does not act without the Father, who sent Him.

past, present, and future -- all three of them are equal components that make up time  Which is more powerful?  Actually dpends on the person- Are you stuck in the past, look to the future,  think only of the present.

A very good site :

Jesus a manifestation of GOD, 100% human and 100% GOD, sent to earth for a mission.  He knew what was coming up, His physical death on the cross.  We are seeing the 100% human part of Him dreading His separation from GOD

Matthew 26
 36Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." 37He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

39Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

40Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. 41"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

42He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

43When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. 44So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

45Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!"

John 3
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2008 at 12:00pm
Hi believer,
do you not have the answer? how could you, so you are making it now long and winding, and refering a website.  Why do you decieve yourself, and others from the truth when it has manifested itself to you?
Only God is the most powerful as the quotes support and  the Quran confirms!!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 11 April 2008 at 12:01pm
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version