Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Family Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Family Matter
Message Icon Topic: How to be a Successful Muslim Wife Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Truth_light24

Online Status: Offline
Quote Truth_light24 Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2008 at 6:52pm
Well Seekshidayath, in every rules there is an exception...if we think that our voice can be mistaken for a donkey, then better opted not to sing and lessen the talking as well.....

Even the usage of khol, if the eye is too large, like frog-eye, i think better choose something that would make it look "normal" otherwise  our betterhalf will have restless nights

Edited by Truth_light24
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
IP IP Logged
imp87

Quote imp87 Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2008 at 3:12am

Brothers if you think you can find a wife like the one mentioned in the post..........

In your dreams

IP IP Logged
lovesakeenah

Quote lovesakeenah Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:38am
uuh uuh!Don't be a pessimist imp87.It is feasible.There're troubles in the world&human still remain the most complex of all God' creation.It still doesn't suffice to say there're no good women out there.
Jazakallahu khayran sis.Truth_Light for the informative&enlightening post.And sis.Aminah for sharing your successful marriage with us.Snd seekshidayath,you're very funny with the thought of not being able to sing.Meanwhile,you may have some nice steps if you can't do the singing.I've heard that works too (haven't practised it though).
I think I've got some more tips on marriage.I'd try to dig up my archives insha Allahu&post it here as well.It's for everyone-brothers and sisters masha Allahu...
yeah,I know,the response's a bit late..
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
IP IP Logged
Shasta'sAunt
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Shasta'sAunt Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 6:08am
Assalamu Alaikum:

I think the best way to be a good Muslim wife is to marry a good Muslim man...Smile

I do have a comment about the fighting part. I know a Sister who allowed her husband to write into their marriage contract that she could never raise her voice to him or fight back. No matter how much he yells or provokes her, which he does.

Frankly, as someone who has been married for many years, if I couldn't fight back with my husband and have a good yell once in a while, I'd have to smother him with a pillow in his sleep.
It is not healthy to keep everything bottled up all of the time. Women are human also and have a need to let off steam and be angry just the same as men.

Don't let that pillow start looking good to you.....

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
lovesakeenah

Quote lovesakeenah Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:25am
Wa alaykum salaam waraahaamatullah wabarakatuh

Shatas'Aunt,am really sorry to say that the sister wasn't in her right thinking mind when she agreed to such frivolous contract.The thing is,wether we like it or not,we are humans and allowed to'express displeasure at anything that doesn't sit comfortably with us.The way we go about it is what matters.To think that you will not voice out is absolutely 'unimaginable'&almost inhuman.So,what are we talking about.The ability to control our anger is the major question&I do not think any woman should agree that a man treats her like thrash.Sorry for the language.Neither Islam nor civilization gives any man that right.....
Keeping so much within causes depression&can often lead to murder or suicide as we witness in the world today.I saw a programme that says majority of the women in Prison in United States are there because of a man (most charged with murder).............
Alliamdulillah ala nimata li'slam!
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
IP IP Logged
lovesakeenah

Quote lovesakeenah Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:43am
 As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh
Since we're still talking'bout relationships, thought I would share this with you all,for those who can afford it(the monetary aspect,I mean).

Boushra Team

Romance is an important factor in marital happiness. Giving time to such passion is considered to be an investment that produces a happy and stable marriage. Here are some romantic tips that help enhancing the intimacy between couples and reminds them how important they are to each other:

Husbands:

- While you are in the middle of a family or friends gathering; take your wife a side and whisper gently to her ears a warm thought like: you are the loveliest person amongst them all.

- While you are shopping; take a quick break, smile at her face and say: I’m so glad that you are my wife.

- Put your wedding invitation card –if you still keeping one- in a beautiful frame and hang it in the living room. That will make her feel how honoured you are of your wedding event.

- Use intimate loving words whenever you can to call her. Instead of calling her (wife) use the word (darling) or (sweetheart).

- On your anniversary; Try to surprise her with a new idea like sending her a similar bunch of flowers to the one she carried on your wedding day. Or give her your CV reminding her in it about all your virtues, abilities and longings to make her happy and fill the vacancy square with the following words: (to be your love and your husband for the rest of our lives).

- It doesn’t matter what you give her on that day. What matters is HOW you present it. Buy her something like a ring and put it inside a rose that hasn’t bloomed yet, let her put it in a vase next her bed and the rose blossom she’ll see the ring (let us hope she won’t find out from the weight of the rose!).

- Enlarge the best picture of your wife, wrap the picture in a nice gift wrap and give it to YOURSELF as a present. Open the present in front of her and let her feel the ecstasy.

- Try to remember what type of candies she likes and buy a good quantity of it and surprise her with it. Put it in her hand bag, under her pillow or even between her cloths.

- No matter how long you have been married, why don’t you call your wife (my bride) once in a while??

Wives:

- Always remember your first days in your marriage; and all your passions at those days. Remember those warm feeling towards him. If you do that, the same feelings will come back to you immediately.

- Put you marriage certificate in a nice frame and hang it on the wall – just like doctors usually do with their certificates!- that will assures him that you are proud of your marriage.

- Print a copy of your marriage certificate and send it to him with some words like: (do you remember this day?).

- Having a candlelit dinner at home is more romantic than dining out. So cook his favourite dish, wear his favourite dress and perfume and try to spend the whole night with him without the kids (please get one of your family to help you with that!). What would be more interesting is to have an authentic feature in this night like having an Indian night or a Moroccan night where you cook, dress up and decorate the room to match the feature you want.

- While he is at work, try to finish the cooking early, have a shower, dress up and don’t forget to scent the house with perfumed oil or any other means. He will feel more comfortable and longing to go home and meet you.

- Make some fabric bags and fill it with dried roses or scented plants. You can put them in his car or wardrobe.

- Surprise him once in a while with a gift that he would like and keep with him all the time, like scented rosary beads. Or a hand made card –that you made yourself- and write some loving words in it. Or leather wallet with his name engraved in it. Try to be creative.

- Before he comes at home, make small cards and print your lipstick on them, arrange the cards on the floor from the doorstep towards your bedroom.

- After a tiring day, fill the bath with warm water, add some lavender or camomile oil in it, surround it with scented candles and call him for a relaxing bath.

- If he has a laptop, write some love words on the screen saver. That will remind him of you.

- On the bed, put a red rose on his side and cover it with the blanket.

- You can write some warm, loving words on a small piece of paper and put it in his favourite book that he reads most of the time.

Both:

- Go to a second, third and fourth honeymoon... You deserve it.

- Remember the first moments you saw each other. That will bring those warm passions back to you.

- Go to the same places that you use to go to when you were newly married or even when you were engaged.

- Choose a special night to go out without the kids. Dress up like you did when you went out together for the first time. That will remind you how important you are to each other and how you still love each other like before.

- Try to arrange a short vacation for both of you without the kids. You don’t have to travel. You can rent a room in a hotel. Spend every minute of the vacation together. Remember that your partner is the reason why you are taking the vacation.

Remember, you don’t have to do all of tips at once. Try to leave some time between one surprise and the other so they won’t be boring.

Good luck and enjoy being romantic.

source: http://boushra.org/common/viewarticle.php?id=157

Edited by icforumadmin - 01 July 2010 at 2:35pm
IP IP Logged
reply1231

Starter
Starter

Quote reply1231 Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2008 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by infomagination

I tried all the above - and still my husband want to divorce me....

very good replica.
i think  the best Muslima is one who earns his own money
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 06 June 2008 at 1:01pm
Why is the wife's list always longer than the Husbands ?

As for the "How to be a good wife" . . . I'm sorry if I offend the author. But I found some aspects of it demeaning . . . (edit: not referring to Sis sakeena's post)

Someone please post one for the husbands now. . . .:p

edited: due to unclarity. . .

Edited by Chrysalis - 22 September 2008 at 6:08pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version