Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Islam for non-Muslims
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Islam for non-Muslims
Message Icon Topic: To continue Believer’s topic bellow Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Nazarene
Male Islam

Online Status: Offline
Quote Nazarene Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2008 at 6:19am
Originally posted by believer

Actually you don't have to follow Mohammad:

YUSUFALI: Nay,-whoever submits His whole self to Allah and is a doer of good,- He will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
PICKTHAL: Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
SHAKIR: Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve.
also by friend , i believe islam excepts all the prophets of the one true god.
love for all conquers all
IP IP Logged
Saladin
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Saladin Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2008 at 7:19am
Believer,

You've presented what was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad by Allah. Not following the Prophet means, not believing in these verses.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
IP IP Logged
Nazarene
Male Islam

Quote Nazarene Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2008 at 7:36pm

YUSUFALI: Nay,-whoever submits His whole self to Allah and is a doer of good,- He will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
PICKTHAL: Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.
SHAKIR: Yes! whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve.
peace and joy to you my friend!!
    i've been reading your posts for a time now and i noticed how much you quote lessons and verses from the qu'ran.
   i have a copy of my own on the way and have no dought i will find it  just as  [if not more so] enlighting as you seem to have . i can hardly wait .
thank you brother for sharing such wonderfull teachings.
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 27 November 2008 at 8:28pm
love for all conquers all
IP IP Logged
Al Qalam

Starter
Starter

Quote Al Qalam Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2008 at 11:29pm
Perhaps, Martha, One of Allah's greatest gifts to us was the freedom to choose our own way, rather than have it dictated to us by one person or a group.  I find myself, many times, getting mired and confused by what I read in the Quran and Hadith, yet if I persist in my reading and look to Allah for guidance, things eventually become clear.  Having once been a Catholic, I can attest to the fact that it's impossible to pound, beat, and frighten faith into people as the Catholic nuns and priests attempted to do with me during childhood.  However, when left to my own choosing, the purest and most beautiful faith, Islam, eventually found me.  I am still not a practicing Muslim, as I lack the courage to live face to face with God, as Muslims do.  However, the peace, joy, and knowledge that has been thus far delivered to me through the Quran has no equal.  As I study it freely without the intervention of laws, rules, or dictates, my life improves with each turn of the page.  Allah has rights above and beyond any human leader, and it is only Allah I seek as my leader.

Edited by Al Qalam - 27 November 2008 at 11:32pm
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote believer Replybullet Posted: 28 November 2008 at 8:18am
Saladin -whole self to God and is a doer of good- is in the Bible too
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
Mansoor_ali
Male  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Mansoor_ali Replybullet Posted: 28 November 2008 at 2:42pm

Thats a problem with a christians they donot like to read verses of Quran in its proper context.

"O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.  (The Noble Quran, 4:59)"

Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and beware (of evil): if ye do turn back, know ye that it is Our Apostle's duty to proclaim (the message) in the clearest manner.  (The Noble Quran, 5:92)"

Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran clearly Commands the Muslims to obey and follow the Commands of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

The Authentic Prophetic Sunnah is a must-to-follow upon every true Believer!

Here is description of Muhammad as a Prophet in Old-Testament as well as in New-Testament

IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2008 at 3:54pm

my friend,
if you mean by following Mohammed (pbuh) same as some Christians follow Jesus (pbuh) as God or son of God, you are right we don't and you are not suppose to. But if you mean as a messanger, then by accepting that verse (and the Quran) you already have followed the prophet since he is he one who brought it to you and that's what was his job.
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
believer

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote believer Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2009 at 8:38pm
"Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran clearly Commands the Muslims to obey and follow the Commands of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."

Follow the commands of Mohammad and not Allah?

Well what if one thinks Mohammad is just wise and not a prophet?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version