Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Introduction: Who am I?
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Introduction: Who am I?
Message Icon Topic: Tomas- Can I go back to islam? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
saalih

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote saalih Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2005 at 8:04am
i am not a wahabi nor a salafi. i am a muslim who follows the sunnah.
IP IP Logged
Arabian

Quote Arabian Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2005 at 10:38pm

shakur,

How could you say that?  It's like saying a Catholic is not Christian.  Although I am not Muslim, I must add to this that I have attended Ashuraa sessions a few times and the stories I hear are phenomenal.  I can't help but fall in love with those Imams.  I have a lot of respect for the beloved Hussein, Hassan, Ali, Muslim, Zain al Abedeen and the rest of them.  Ashuraa is a great time for Muslims to get together and express their love for Islam.  Many prayers go out to Allah during these days of Ashuraa.  Also, why can't they hold these people as high as Muhammad?  These people are Muhammad's family members, ahlul bayt.  Hussien went through a lot of struggle, much more than Muhammad went through.

Peace,
Arabian

IP IP Logged
Noah

Quote Noah Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2005 at 5:01am
Originally posted by The One

Hello Dear Brother Ahmad!

That was a good reply, thank you.

Now I am specifically asking my would be wife. Though there is no reservation regarding marriage in my religion, I heard that Muslims cannot have spouses of other religions. I want to know what will be her status according to Quran or Islam if she marries me. Would she be considered an apostate and not allowed to be a Muslim? I want our marriage to be completely based on religion. Are there any requirements?

Thank you.

Depends really. The only requirement ALL muslims, males as females are given by AL'Quran are that the marriage is voluntary, and that the partner is a monotheist (ie.belive in God. not gods or a god).

Peace
Noah
IP IP Logged
Noah

Quote Noah Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2005 at 5:09am
Originally posted by SixNineteen

Hi my name is Tomas from San Diego. I have one brutal question... few years ago, I took the shahada. Then after a year later, I became a christian (evangelical). Now, I am here on islamicity.com, ive been picking up the Quran and reading it more than I did the bible. And im, dare I say it, losing faith in the trinity. As of this day, i have no idea on who I should pray to.. I know its suppose to be 3 in 1; for example, praying to Jesus is like praying to the holy ghost and the Father at the same time. I tried looking up resources on the internet and asking other christians about my dillema concerning the trinity. Now deep in my heart, i feel a pull towards Islam. IF, and this is a big "IF", I am ever convinced in going back to islam, will it be too late for me to revert back to islam. Because i remember somewhere in the Quran where it said that once a muslim leaves islam, he may never go back and is condemned. I might have read it wrong or taken it out of context.. I just need some clarification. Thank you.

You are always welcome in the system of God. You feel doubt because all hearts in the world knows that there are only God. everything else is nothing but illusions.

[2:256] There is no compulsion in the system, the proper way has been made clear from the wrong way. Whoever rejects evil, and believes in God, then he has grasped the most solid branch that will never break. God is Hearer, Knower.

Look at what this says. Dont let anyone fool you. there are no compulsion in the system of God at all. However, you should not jump till and from the system. Do or dont do.

Peace
Noah

IP IP Logged
The One

Groupie
Groupie

Quote The One Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2005 at 6:38am
Hey Noah!

That was good. Thank you. "...that the partner is a monotheist", this is enough. But people think that only Islam is monotheistic and so one should not marry a non-muslim.

Thanks again.

Aparichithudu.
IP IP Logged
Noah

Quote Noah Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2005 at 9:03am
Peace The One

Well. Abrahams (Gbh) tradition are monotheistic. I dont view the roman catholic church as monotheistic though. But thats a really long debate about pagan influences on the real Abrahamic system Jesus (Gbh) came with etc etc.. I do however know a lot of Chirtians who are obvious monotheists. And at the end of the day, only God knows what is in our hearts, so judging and pointing fingers are not for us :)

IP IP Logged
Khadija1021

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Khadija1021 Replybullet Posted: 30 June 2005 at 10:33pm

The One,

First of all, let me apologize for the length of my response.  I know it is long but I hope it helps.  Although I am brand new to this forum group, I feel that I have something to contribute to your questions and concerns regarding your desire to marry a muslim woman.  I commend you on the fact that you care enough about this sister to seek information and feedback before you take further steps toward marriage.  However, if you truly love this sister you must seriously ask yourself whether you are willing to participate in an act that would reduce her to an adultress.  I will explain what I mean.

First of all, you need to know that the term “Islam” is not like the terms “Hindu,” “Judaism,” or Christianity.”  That is, “Islam” is not simply a name someone gave to the faith.  It means something; it means submission to the Will of Allah (swt) and obedience to His Law and it is only through this submission and obedience that one is able to achieve true peace and enjoy lasting purity.  Furthermore, the Qur’an is not simply some book that some man wrote; it is the divine word of Allah (swt) that was given to Muhammad (pbuh) through the angel Gabriel who was blessed with the Holy Spirit.  So, faith in Islam is not something to be taken lightly.  Also, diviating and innovation are grave sins in Islam.

With that said, you must understand that the Qur’an and Hadith set forth the laws which all believers of Islam must follow.  These laws are not to be set aside for any reason…Islamic laws are to supersede the rules/laws set forth by secular societies or societies whose rules/laws are based upon any source other than the Qur’an and Hadith if those rules/laws are not in compliance with the laws of Islam.  Therefore, it does not matter if it is permissible in your community/culture for inter-faith marriages to take place.  If the laws set forth in the Qur’an and/or Hadith state it’s not permissible for someone who is of Islam to participate in an inter-faith marriage, then it is simply forbidden for that person to do so. 

It clearly states in the Qur’an (Sura 2, Baqara, Ayat 220) that muslims are not allowed to marry female believers (muslims) to unbeliever (non-Muslim)…regardless of what the man’s faith is.  If he’s not a muslim and she marries him, her marriage is simply not valid according to Allah (swt).  There is another verse (ayat) that states this as well.  At (Sura 60, Mumtahan’a, Ayat 10), “O you who believe! When the believing women come to you as emigrants.  Examine them, Allah knows best as to their belief, then if you know them for true believers, Send them not back to the unbelievers, (for) they are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers, Nor are the unbelievers lawful (husbands) for them.”  It is clear by these verses that Allah (swt) does not want muslim women to be married to anyone other than muslim men.  The rule does not change because she lives in India and the laws in India allow inter-faith marriage or because her parents are lax or unknowing in their faith and are in agreement with the marriage.  Allah (swt) says she cannot do that and that’s the end of the discussion.

You need to know that if you decide to proceed with this marriage and she agrees to go along with it, even though it will be a legal marriage in your society; according to Islam, she will be committing adultery if the marriage is consummated.  If fact, simply being in your company alone or being intimate with you in any way (even holding hands) is haraam (a sin) for her.  So, if you marry her, you are participating in her downfall for she will be living a life of sin day in and day out.  If you truly love her, how can you do that to her?  Even if she says it doesn’t matter to her, that she loves you and wants to marry you anyway, if you love her, shouldn’t you want what is best for her?  Sure, she could repent for the sin of marrying a non-believer, but true repentance means that she must be truly sorry in her heart and that she will do everything in her power not to allow it to happen again.  Is that possible if she stays married to you?  No, in fact, if she repents and then continues to be with you, she is committing an even greater sin.

Allah (swt) has a reason for all things.  And in this case, He has a very good reason for forbidding inter-faith marriage for the women of Islam.  It is the husband in Islam who is the supporter, protector and educator for the family.  It is his responsibility to see that his wife and children continue to be faithful to Islam and to learn and grown in their faith.  If he is not a muslim, how can he do this?  It simply is not possible.  If they have children, what will become of them?  How will they grow to have faith in Islam if there is no unity within their family structure?  It is simply not thinkable for a muslim to bear children and then not lead them to Allah (swt) through Islam.  Any muslim who does this will have to answer to Allah (swt) on the Day of Judgment.

I have never read a fatwa in which an Imam or a book in which a scholar has stated that it was okay for a muslim woman to marry outside of Islam.  In fact, women who revert to Islam while married to non-believers are told that their marriage is no longer valid and that they need to level that relationship immediately unless the husband also converts.  Some men to conve; however, let me make something clear, it is not okay for a husband…or prospective husband…to convert simply for the purpose of marrying a muslim woman.  If he truly doesn’t believe in Islam, then their marriage is not only invalid, it is a mockery.

I truly understand and believe that you love this woman, but I pray to Allah (swt) (Inshallah) that you will not go forward with the marriage without discussing this matter at length with the woman you want to marry and both your families.  Let them know what the law of Islam says.  Maybe she and her parents are not well educated in this matter and will feel differently about it once the truth is revealed to them.

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
IP IP Logged
ak_m_f

Senior  Member

Quote ak_m_f Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2006 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia

My Dear Bro The One,

I also welcome you this board and hence the discussion. I hope you shall enjoy your stay and educate us through sharing your wisdom and knowldge.

Coming to your questions, since I am not a scholar of Islam, so I may not provide you the best answers to your entire satisfaction. Therefore, I would apologize it before I can say anything. Now as far as your question of status of the non-Muslims according to Islam is concerned, I think, since all humans are son of one man, and we know him as our beloved prophet Adam, therefore they all are equal in every respect. To those who are muslims, I call them the enlightened ones and to those who are non-mulsims, they have just not recieved the enlightment. By enlightment, I mean, the right path to succeed. Among the non-muslims, there are those to whom message of Islam has reached, they have studied it with all their human faculties using wisdom and logic, and then rejected it. It is these people, the Quran tells us, are termed as Kafir. Hence there destination in the hereafter is defined as Hell. On the other hand those non-muslims to whom this message has not reached or reached but not in a proper way (only Prophet Mohammad could provide the proper way), hence there matter is with God and we know He is best in His Justice. Therefore, in now a days, when Prophet Mohammad is not among us, we the muslims, really can't make any kind of labling on other non-muslims, simply because even with our all endeavors to convey the message of Allah to non-muslims, we can't convey it properly as it should be done. However, its our duty to convey this message of Allah in whatever capacity we have, to the non-muslims, the result is with Allah. If He wills, He may provide guidance to the non-muslims. There is no compulsion in Islam, at all.

Now coming to you second question concerning difference between a deserter and a apostate. Well dester is a term used in any military formation where some one among the troops, run away from his military duty when on active duty. The penalty for this act, in any military law, is a death penalty, simply because of the severity of the action. So, in the time of Prophet Mohammad, when the muslims had to face the enemies on the battle ground, few people, just before the war, decided to desert the muslim army and went to join the enemies. Ofcourse this had a great demoralizing effect on the muslim army. Hence, in such a situation, the people who absonded the muslim army, though changed their faith, but it wasn't their faith  that was called to account but their act of desertion at the very sensitive time in the battle field. However, many people, knowingly or unknowingly, mistook this action as apostate without realising that it was a simple act of desertion. I hope, now the difference between the two would be clear than ever.

In the light of the fore going, your wife can't be considered deserter, if she has otherwise, not absconded a muslim army at such a crucial time of battle field. Rest Allah knows the best.

nice reply Ahmad
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version