Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Introduction: Who am I?
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Introduction: Who am I?
Message Icon Topic: Tomas- Can I go back to islam? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
AhmadJoyia

Online Status: Offline
Quote AhmadJoyia Replybullet Posted: 22 June 2005 at 11:36am
May be, my brother The One, don't consider my questions worth replying, or probably he is too busy, or ............ Anyhow, I must wait for him.
IP IP Logged
The One

Groupie
Groupie

Quote The One Replybullet Posted: 22 June 2005 at 11:47am
Hey Ahmad Joyia!

Varna is not a book. And Laws of Manu is also not a book.If you are talking about Manu Smriti, then you should underline that its just a "Smriti" which means "a remembrance". Smritis have no significance because they cannot be authenticated. They are just guidelines. What we are more interested is Shrutis. Every Smriti has to be crosschecked with the Shruti. If both do not agree, Shruti prevails. Thats why Bagavadh Gita, which is a Smriti, is considered authentic, whereas the Mahabharatha is considered more as an epic rather than as history.

Thus Manu Smriti is not at all considered to be followed.

Who is Bharatiya? Bharatiya means an Indian. I never came across Bharatiya being used as a name. If he is a Hindu, he definitely wouldn't have said "blind law of ultimate justice". Karma considers everything. Do you think that intention is not an action? Do you mean that thoughts are not actions? Thoughts are the actions of the mind. And intentions are thougths.

I have to do ground work regarding where it is mentioned in the Vedas. But I can mention from the Bagavadh Gita.

Ahmad, I don't know what you mean by worship. If you say Salat is worship then we do not do it.

Allah is worshipped because He is considered with respect to time, space etc. Like, "Allah will judge everyone on the Judgement Day" etc. But we do not bind God to time, space or anything of this world. Its pretty hard to explain the concept of God in Hinduism. I can better tell it in Sanskrit or any other Indian languages.

As far as I know, Islam is more interested in attaining heaven rather than God. So a lot of difference.

Aparichithudu.
IP IP Logged
Tasneem

Quote Tasneem Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:48am

Salaam Sixnineteen

Just read this thread and I've noticed that though you started this thread the conversations are going on different lines. Reading your post of the 14 June it appears like you are badly in need of help. Since you've already had a bad time about the confusion and the swings between religions, I am afraid that you might once more fall into wrong practices of Islam.

Unfortunately, there are some very big differences between the two major sects of Islam ie the Shias and the Sunnis. If at all you are seriously interested in getting back to Islam please be careful of the sources of information and from whom and where you get them. Main stream Islam is what is called the "Sunni" way. I hope and pray that you don't once more fall into further confusion after all that you are going through. ON this forum we have posts from both sides, but we have some major differences in our practise of Islam. If you need help please start a new thread on "Islam for non-Muslims" and I am sure many of us will try to help you.

IP IP Logged
hkrespect

Groupie
Groupie

Quote hkrespect Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2005 at 5:33am

dear sixnineteen

islam does not have a clergy system, so if u see a clergy mentality, stay away from those folks.

dear tasneem, i dont think there are major differnces between sunni and shia, pls explain what you mean.

i know some shia are involved in blatant shirk, but then again some so called sunnis are too. some shia and sunni are involved in grave worshipping.

the hadith about 73 sects, and only one goin to jannah, does that mean the other 72 sects are kaafirs? i mean the likes of nation of islam and ahmadiya and some shia, i think ismayli.

what does one have to believe in to become a muslim? whats the basics of aqeedah and tawheed?

hk
IP IP Logged
Tasneem

Quote Tasneem Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2005 at 8:58pm

Dear hkrespect

This is not the thread to answer this question. Already the posts on this are going hay wire. I myself don't like the distinctions and sects and if anyone asked me to which sect I belong I simple say that I am a mainstream Muslim ie I follow only the Qur'an and the sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed (SAW). Every individual is responsible for himself/herself, be they Sunni or Shia. If a sunni is going to the graves and worshipping it is not from the Qur'an or any of the authentic hadith. It is merely ignorance and definitely it is shirk.

Whereas the Shias collectively practise mourning during Moharram and the importance given to Ali is almost the same as the Prophet (PBUH).  Only recently have I had the opportunity to find out more about the practises of the Shias. I have always been apalled by the chest beating "matam" that the Shias do, but more recently I have been introduced to "temporary marriage" widely practised in Iran and perhaps elsewhere. This practise is abominable. Allah does not give any such permission in the Qur'an. A Muslim should believe in the Qur'an as a whole, not choose whatever appeals to them and leave the rest. Please read more about the practises which I had begun to discuss on the thread "Sunni Shiite Islam". Advocating "temporary marriage" etc would be leading a lay person such as Tomas would be Haram. If you wish to continue this discussion we could do it on the thread "Sunni Shiite Islam". I don't wish to respond on this thread.

Edited by Tasneem
IP IP Logged
saalih

Groupie
Groupie

Quote saalih Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2005 at 9:27pm

i don't think he ever converted to islam in the first place. he still had doubts and was still had some christians beliefs in he's mind. you have to accept islam and reject everything else. start as a new person.

i really don't consider the shias to be muslims except the shias of yemen. they break-down into sects and some of them are little closer to islam and some of them don't. like the ones  who worship ali are they consider muslims or give their imams the same rank as the prophet.

for more info visit. www.allaahuakbar.com

IP IP Logged
saalih

Groupie
Groupie

Quote saalih Replybullet Posted: 23 June 2005 at 9:33pm
IP IP Logged
Ali Zaki

Quote Ali Zaki Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2005 at 7:02am

Br. Shakur,

"I really don't consider the shias to be muslims except the shias of yemen"

Unlike most of the websites you visit, there are acutal Shia who actively participate on this site. Please refrain from giving your personal opinion about who is or is not a Muslim. Although I have major problems with your sect (Salafi/Wahabi), I have never accused you (or anyone else who proclaims "La illaha illAllah, Mohammad an Rasulallah) to be a non-Muslim. If you read the rules for the discussion forum, this relates to several different rules of conduct.

Also, I could certainly provide links to many websites that (although accurate) you would consider offensive. Please be more considerate of others in the future.

Unlike the Sunni, The Shia do not have any collection of hadith in which each and every hadith contained in them is considered "Saheeh" by Shia scholars (with the possible exception of Al-Kafi). You can find (even in Nagul Balagha) hadith attributed to Imam Ali (a.s.) which are (upon further research) considered of questionable reliability. We take each hadith (and it's associated chain of narrators) on it's own merits. Needless to say, all of the hadith you have quoted are either totally false, partially false or a bad translation (and most come from Sunni sources).

In the Shia school of the science of Hadith there are 50 categories that a hadith can fall into. The eqivilent to a Sunni book that is considerd "Saheeh" (Such as Muslim, Buhkari, etc.) is a mutawatir hadith, which means that is has been transmitted by several (more than two) reliable chains of narrations. Before implying that most Shia "worship" (may Allah (s.w.a.) forgive you) Imam Ali (a.s.) (although a tiny minority may) or that they belive that his status was equal to or higher than the prophet, please do some research.

HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE SCIENCE OF HADITH (both Sunni and Shia)

http://al-islam.org/al-tawhid/hadith-science/index.htm

The number of false sayings (and whole speeches) falsely attributed to Imam Ali (a.s.) is not surprising since the Ummayid's (when in power) spared no effort to abuse and distort his legacy. This is widely known and agreed upon. Also, be careful what you say about him, as he is known as the most respected and pious companion of the prophet (even among those who deny his Immamate).

WHAT IS AN IMAM? WAS IMAM ALI (A.S.) APPOINTED BY THE PROPHET AS THE IMAM AFTER HIM?

http://al-islam.org/leadership/

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version