Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Benazir Bhutto Assassinated Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 12:04pm

in the end, I would say, the country has lost a big opportunity to move forward towards moderation and development through democracy.

Sir, very late Eid Mubarek.

And, the country will move forward towards moderation and development through democracy with Mush sitting on the rubble a demolished judiciary?

The poor woman was also scared of reinstating the judges.

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 2:45pm

I've listened in silence long enough and I am seriously disgusted by you all.

A human being has been murdered.  Who cares what her politics were, how you spell her name (Duende), or whether it is now appropriate to call her simply by her last name (Whisper): a fact, not a person.  Easy to objectify then, verdad? And don't try to sell me your McDemocracy - I've heard it from you before ad nauseum, and even first hand. And Whisper, for Goodness sake, learn to quote your sources: this is a Forum, not a personal conversation!

Intelligent people, perhaps people with influence (?), with brilliant insights, and so much destruction at their fingertips.  For shame...when you could be putting it to so much better use.

For that matter: why does "Angela's Plan" resurface after so long just to be taken out of context, and systematically destroyed?  A needless rhetorical question it would seem.

I'd rather die naive and full of hope, than a cynic in a so-called intelligent world.

Maybe you all shoud look at a few more recent definitions of Intelligence. Try Gardner, and Goleman, for a start.

I don't know why I bother.

I come here to learn and all you people do with your pot boiling and your cynicism and negativity is to make me very, very sad.

I stand by my last post on Angela's Plan, and all you seem to do is to try to make your self-fulfilling prophecies hold water.

But then, no one listened to the original Cassandra either.

Why can't you put your petty differences aside, try to find a personal and collective compassionate synapse or two, and concentrate on a peaceful solution before so much more blood is shed?

No wonder Islam is so misunderstood in the West, and I have made so many attempts to try to understand.

Enough alreadyBasta ya!  Can't you just learn to grieve, for the fate of the world without making this tragedy into a personal soapbox? I see nothing constructive in this thread.

C

Edited by Cassandra
IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 3:29pm

If anyone cares, please see my last post on Angela's Plan.

C

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 3:43pm

A human being has been murdered. 

. . . or whether it is now appropriate to call her simply by her last name (Whisper)

My friend, it seems that you are mixing my post up with something else. Could you specify where am I trying to sell someone's last name?

And don't try to sell me your McDemocracy

Sorry, wrong number, I am not the McDemocracy merchant. It's the Americans who were trying to set up a McDemocracy in Pakistan, by matching her up with a despot. I don't have the time or the desire to go into the details of everything that they have been trying to stitch up in that country.

And Whisper, for Goodness sake, learn to quote your sources: this is a Forum, not a personal conversation!

I am afraid, when I copy and paste I post it complete with the author's ref. Unfortunately, in this and quite a few other instances, I happen to be the the source. If you have any issues with my posts, please just pass, I promise, I won't turn grey.

Politics is politics, it's not some soppy story. She knew the stakes and still decided to play her hand. She was a marked woman the day she agreed that deal to paint a dictator in kosher colours, with an election brush.

Please don't get angry with us. MQM (head quarters in London) seem to be the most likely lads, she was eating heavily into their Sind vote bank, please, take them to task, I promise, none of us dunn it.

Edited by Whisper
Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 3:52pm

My friend, you seem to have no clue at all about the situation in that region or about the person we are talking about and this seems to upset you for nothing. Shall it not be better to talk about something else?

If you insist, this may help you:

“The fact is that she was parachuted in by Washington in order to win a rigged election in a country where just about every power group absolutely hated her, a recipe for disaster.  It is not so much a question of who killed her, but who got the first opportunity to succeed.” 

Edited by Whisper
Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 4:33pm

Post deleted.  I realise I have fallen into my own trap.  And while in metaphor mode, the landscape looks surprisingly like Plato's cave.

Edited by Cassandra
IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 4:43pm

Oh, and just one last thing before I go, which shouldn't go unnoticed:

From a quote by Duende, for whose intellect and knowledge I have always had the utmost respect even if we are coming at issues from a different perspective:

"there was no need to massacre so many people if the target was simply a political leader." (emphasis mine)

Duende, did you really think about this before you wrote it?  If you did, I am truly frightened of and for you ..

Cassie over and out

Edited by Cassandra
IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 29 December 2007 at 5:07pm

Hmm

I think that there is a lot of grief for the thousands of people all over  the world who are dying due to corruption and greed. BB and the others who died are more casulties of this.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version