Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: For Pobre Marthas of our world(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Saladin
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:25pm

Salaam Whisper,

Brother,your questioning of my previous post's relevance to this thread,i should say,surprised me.One thing,i thought the hadith i mentioned meant,was to "not dig up the past if it only serves to hurt the present and is not going to change anything anyway".

Your facts and many more on the atrocities of the British empire is undeniable and i believe the present day Brits accept it too.But to expect them to shoulder the blame for the sins of their ancestors,i think is unfair.I know your intent in this thread was to pass through some historical facts and nothing malicious but some may view otherwise.Ergo,i thought it was proper to follow the Prophet's(pbuh) example,so as to not cause enmity.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 05 December 2007 at 11:19pm

Salaam Whisper,

My friend, I am honoured by your explanation, yet that hadith relates to and is valid at the personal level.

YES, we should not hurt anyone at that level. My posts are not meant at any personal level at all, I promise, don't hurt people. Yes, at times, some extremely unstable people do somehow manage to force themselves to get hurt by sheer plain facts of history. I have no desire, the intention or even the time for hurting anyone, I am a very happy go lucky sort of a jolly fella!

Are you trying to praech to us that this hadith or any other for that matter, requires us to bury knowledge or push facts of History under some carpet? I can promise you any such ahadith would be just regular issues of some colonial office, somewhere on our earth!

My friend, as a civilsed people, not just as Muslims, it's our first and foremost duty to fight injustice of any kind, at all levels and anywhere. Invasions and occupation are straight simple crimes against humanity whatever their pretexts. Thank you for advising us not to even Whisper about these.

If your British friends have really found out about the reality of their attrocious past and they really feel about it then how about compensations for all their pobre victims of their greed?

And, if they have really grown to those political and cultural levels then what the hell are thier boys doing, right TODAY, in Iraq and AFGHANISTAN?

Just waiting for your answer and some ahadith for what should be done when people invade, massacre and abuse humans just as a part of their routines!!

Edited by Whisper
Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Saladin
Male Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 06 December 2007 at 2:12am

Salaam Whisper,

Brother,i wasnt in anyway preaching that the hadith required us to bury facts.My point was,to not use the facts in a way that "only" serves to hurt people who have already accepted the facts and nothing good could be expected of it.Perhaps you should direct the facts to whom it might be relevant.

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 06 December 2007 at 2:27am

who have already accepted the facts and nothing good could be expected of it.Perhaps you should direct the facts to whom it might be relevant.

Great idea! They have accepted the facts? Could you kindly post a list of people these facts seem to be hurting?

Are you hurt by these facts?

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Saladin
Male Islam
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 06 December 2007 at 3:09am

Are you hurt by these facts?

Offcourse not!But most of us know this.What the British empire did is no secret.Their own people have published books on it.People know now and accept.So whats the point in reminding them over and over again?I understand your zeal to stand against injustice.So whatever injustice is happening today,as a good muslim,i'll stand with you against it.The past is past.

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 06 December 2007 at 5:23am

The past is past.

Good luck to you and your stance, my brother. You will never see me stopping you from dealing with the past as you please. I am free to deal with it the way as I please.

What percentage of Brits know what they have been doing to the world? Ask our Martha, she has been telling us that they were just short of turning into angels when they were in that part of the world. And, that part of the world was always like as they had left it.

Are you not asking me to be unjust to the Palestinians and all those poor Kashmiris by turning a blind eye to how the Brits engineered these two burning sores of our world?

Are you from the sub-continent? Why I ask because our Indian and Pakistan brethern are more apologetic than even their colonial masters, for hushing up their misdeeds. The day you persuade your friends to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, I will listen to no one, but just you.

Edited by Whisper
Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 06 December 2007 at 7:59am

Whisper

Ok so say you accomplish whatever you're trying to accomplished (or you may already have) what is your point? Move on. You haven't established anything here except you're own opinion. Stating facts as I have said before regardless whether they are true are apart of what we believe. If you didn't believe in the things you posted then they wouldn't be associated with what you believe. Like I said, politics, unlike science is quite subjective to the perspective of everyone.

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 06 December 2007 at 10:58am

Like I said, politics, unlike science is quite subjective to the perspective of everyone.

My exceptionally dear friend, so there are just these two things in life; politics and science?

It might help you to remember that some, in fact, over 5.7 billion of us (out of the 6 billion world population) do happen to live in a vast and culturally not so starved a world. And, this world does have more things than some people can or are prepared to count.

History is just one of those things. If your country could afford some or if you knew how to spell it, you would have found out that it does play a very deep part on those peoples' minds and psyches who can afford it!

You haven't established anything here except you're own opinion.

Mi Lord, what is a Forum? Is it some research lab? in which we work with just some bare clinical instruments? Or is it where you place opinions and opinions of all shades?

Move on? Where to? Why? Just only because you shudder when History is being touched even in the slightest?

Edited by Whisper
Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version