Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: For Pobre Marthas of our world(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
minuteman

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 03 December 2007 at 6:52am

I don't quite agree with whisper about the British bashing. The British occupied India. What about Muslims?? What did they do?? Did they also not do the same thing?? I feel that it is a political matter and no one can be blamed for doing what they did.

We should look to the good things of the British too. Indians were the subjects of the Mughals before the British arrived. When the British came, the Indians became the subjects of the British.

If any one is bad some one must suffer
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:09am

I don't quite agree with whisper about the British bashing.

My exceptionally dear brother, when Whisper starts British Bashing the Brits will have to cough up trillions of pounds in compensation to the poor Indians.

These are mere Historical Facts, I have not added any commentary at all + I have just listed some of the most innocent ones. I haven't mentioned the superb Bengal weavers whos fingers were chopped off or the famous Bengal famine that was manufactured almost on the lines of the Irish famine, of almost the same period.

Before you start on Whisper bashing just for appeasing one of your occupiers, please, do remember that my family and I are on record for denouncing all colours of invasions and occupations. My great great garndfather (Memrez Salk) set the tradition, by walking out of the Military Governors' position and handing in his Imperial Sword and uniform, in 1751. Our 3.2 million strong Khaliqia community is the result, we have Sikh, Hindus, Muslims and Christian members, across India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I just stand for Human Rights (Huqqoq el Ibaad) and nada else. All I am saying is that all invaders are exactly the same no matter what the Marthas of our world try to portray.

That is simply my point. I find it futile to bash any of these Sunset powers, be it the Brits or our pobre Americanos. I wish you would understand just this simple point. 

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 03 December 2007 at 8:25am

These are pure simple straight facts of history

Whisper, you tend to assume that simply because you don't say anything at all, the article therefore is not your personal opinion. The reason I may believe these articles you put on the threads ARE YOUR OPINION is obviously, from previous experience you have shown contempt for the leaders of these countries. You have revealed your position and don't give me that crap that you are impartial to the articles you post. If you didn't at least have an interest of belief in them, you wouldn't post it. I mean, FFS! there are things the United States as well as western countries that have done that is good that I have not seen you (or any other member) have done that was positive. Oh, but I'm sure western countries do not do anything positive.

Brother, it's not political either, but jsut about jokes

My brother, it's very kind of you to invite us (in fact, at times press us) to line up behind you and mourn those stains on your flag

Nonsensical jargon. I hope you honestl don't believe what you are saying?

Your posts are not poliitcal? Yea ok keep believing that.

I understand and apprecaite the fact that, at times, we carry such deep shame of our bloodstained flags that the moment anyone mentions anything about a stain, we rush to hit the "hide it" button without even stopping to think, for an iota of a second about the vintage or the exact location of the spot!

I wonder if you talk and think like this in real life. This isn't about shame of my country or wanting to hide its about being annoyed seeing 10 threads with various subjects which are inheritently political and belong in the world politics section. I really don't care for the opinions of others about the U.S. really. Yes I share my view in disagreement but that is what everyone here does. I'm very opinionated as you know, and have no qualms about speaking out against what others have done (including myself) so whether you believe I'm this patriotic fool I don't know. However, Muslims here cannot say if our Muslim leaders do any better, we aere just like any other citizens of any country. There is no country nor a leader muslim and non-muslim alike that is a beacon of a peaceful civilization.

Edited by Israfil
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 03 December 2007 at 10:40am

These are pure simple straight facts of history

In your initial post you had labelled these as my beliefs. My brother, these are pure simple plain facts of History.

I always and only say exactly what I believe in.

Oh, but I'm sure western countries do not do anything positive.

Brother, mail me a list of just three positive things they have done in my street and I will personally campaign for a Nobel Prize for you! Try and find something, you have upto 2020!

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 03 December 2007 at 9:29pm

There's so much happening in our daily lives, in these interesting times. Why are you trying to contain pobre us just to one post each? And, also decide what kinds and flavours we can post?

My threads are on different SUBJECTS / ANGLES the only thing that stands common in my threads is the Anglo-American axis of evil connection.

My brother, if you my pots cause any temperature or blood pressure problem, I suggest, just don't read them. And, if you are so incensed by them, please, do stand up for your nation and take these on with facts - instead of always whinning "wny don't they say something good about us?"

Sasha Khanzadeh
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 04 December 2007 at 12:22am
Originally posted by minuteman

I don't quite agree with whisper about the British bashing. The British occupied India. What about Muslims?? What did they do?? Did they also not do the same thing?? I feel that it is a political matter and no one can be blamed for doing what they did.

We should look to the good things of the British too. Indians were the subjects of the Mughals before the British arrived. When the British came, the Indians became the subjects of the British.

Let me add my two cents on bro Sasha's behalf!

Your comments are like comparing apples with oranges!

The Mughals from emperors Akbar on were natural  Indians- born of Indian women on Indian soil. India was their homeland. They never made their capital in Ferghana Valley or Kabul.

As migration of people is a natural phenomena, the Dravidian people of course may have a right to complain being the original Indians that Aryans subjugated God knows when and started the awful tradition!

Whereas you couldn't say the directors of East India Company or the viceroys of queens or kings of Briton were natural born Indians! Their job was to bleed India as much as possible and ASAP.

Their home was London or any shires some where there.

You could not find anything common between these two situations.

Whereas the emperor Akbar was so lax in his religion that the Hindus had more sway in his court than the Muslims and ended up creating his own religion to please the Hindus!

Almost all of the Mughals violated the Islamic prohibition of marrying a polytheist woman. Do you see the liberality of their living amongst Indians?
Do you know the Mughals shipped any of the land revenues, the jewels, gold and diamonds and the like to Kabul or Ferghana Valley?

Now if you can't see the difference between the citizen of a independent nation vs an indentured slave in a colony I can't help you there!

The Indians became exactly that a number in the East India plantations just like American Southern states just for board and lodging  and harsh punishment for any infraction to boot!

Probably you might like  to visit  some of the old plantation sites and see the slaves living conditions and to be chained at night like the animals

I have seen those places and believe you me it wasn't a pretty site at all. They could be a little lenient in the Indian plantations but not much!

I had a colleague long time ago whose dad was a  plantation foreman in British Indian days and the stories of sexual abuse of the women he used to tell was mind boggling and disgusting.

BTW what is your location I mean country so I might locate some close by for you to look if possible!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
candid

bullet Posted: 04 December 2007 at 4:20am
Unlike British, Mughals were not racist. At least, India did maintain its prosperity during the times of Mughals. British sucked the wealth out of India big time.
IP IP Logged
minuteman

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 04 December 2007 at 5:57am

Yes, they must have done (sucked a lot of money). But that was the bad luck of the bad works done by the Indians for a very long time. The Mughals and the rulers had enjoyed quite a lot of comfort with their spending so much money on palaces (see Taj Mahal) and gardens and dancing/ singing. What was the use of those?? Had they spent something on education and progress of the people (mankind), there would not have been any British in the subcontinent.

I feel that Sher Shah Suri was the only wise ruler in India who ruled for five years (only five years).

If any one is bad some one must suffer
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version