Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Women (Sisters)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Women (Sisters)
Message Icon Topic: Our baby has Down Syndome...advice needed Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Salams_wife

Online Status: Offline
Quote Salams_wife Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 1:24pm
Those are really great points mary68 and I appreciate you telling your story.  You and your husband have a lot of compassion and courage to face such a challenge.  Not many people could have handled that situation.  If you don't mind my asking, were you ever able to carry a healthy baby?
IP IP Logged
mary68

Starter
Starter

Quote mary68 Replybullet Posted: 30 December 2007 at 1:44pm
Yes we were able to.  We had a healthy son before our two daughters and another daughter a few years after them. Thank you for asking. 
IP IP Logged
Salams_wife

Quote Salams_wife Replybullet Posted: 30 December 2007 at 7:42pm
Thankyou for replying and Thank God for the blessings he gave you, you both certainly deserved them.
IP IP Logged
Megatron

Quote Megatron Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2008 at 6:25pm
Let me just say, I hope your husband fries in Hell for wanting to kill a baby for being born with Down's Syndrome. 
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2008 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Megatron

Let me just say, I hope your husband fries in Hell for wanting to kill a baby for being born with Down's Syndrome. 

IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2008 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by 222dnallohc

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with our second child.  After some testing, we found out that our baby has Down Syndrome.  We have been given the choice as to whether to let the pregnancy continue or not.  Obviously it is forbidden for us to terminate the pregnancy...and I dont want to do that anyway.  My husband unfortunately does not think that he can handle this and he wants me to end the pregnancy.  He thinks the baby being disabled will tear our family apart and it will be a disgrace for him to have a son that has the problems that come with Downs.  He told me that in his culture, he is Arabic, that its a disgrace to have a child like that.

Needless to say I am absolutely shocked to hear this come out of his mouth.  I want to raise my son (we found out the baby is a boy), but my husband does not want him.

This seems like such an impossible situation for us right now.  How do I get through this?  I feel like he is trying to push me to do something I dont believe is right.  We are both Muslim, so I would have thought he would respond differently...thats why I am so shocked at his words.

What do I do?

Does anyone know if she had the baby? Khair Insha'Allah.
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:56pm
Sorry If I may be diverging from the topic. . . but since there was a discussion about Down's Syndrome. . . and some ppl here seem to know a lot:

Are there 'kinds' of Down Syndromes? For e.g I have heard that some are naturally docile and manageable whilst others are rather aggressive. I've had the privelage of meeting some. . . and while some are very manageable and docile . . .others I've seen scarily aggressive. . . to the extent that they are violent to those around them. (Some one told me its due to the presence of double Y chromosomes(the aggressive DS) )

So anyway . .. if this is true. . . can this be diagnosed during pregnance? As in which DS baby-type we r going to have. And if this is true, perhaps parents could opt for selective abortion . . . as in abort the aggressive gene ones. . .Cz they can turn out to be a threat to society. Whilst keeping the relativley normal ones. . .

Or does it depend solely on how you bring up a DS-baby and teach it how to behave?

Also . . . is Hijab to be observed in front of adult ppl with DS? Or are they to be considered 'masoom' , as in innocents.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2008 at 10:36pm
Has anyone heard from 222dnallohc?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version