Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Rape victim gets 200 lashes Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Israfil

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2007 at 12:53am

"All people are equal, as equal as the teeth of a comb. An Arab is no better than a non-Arab, nor is a white person over a black person, nor is a male superior to the female. The only people who enjoy preference with God are the devout."

Ameen

IP IP Logged
Salams_wife

Quote Salams_wife Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2007 at 2:14pm
I agree with you Azaleah, and that was a good quote to bring up.  I wish that people could all think this way.
IP IP Logged
Azaleah

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Azaleah Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2007 at 5:20pm
Assalamo alaykum wr wb.

We all should know that Islam is the only religion that enjoin equality, justice and forgiveness. Mashallah! Islam strictly promotes the notion that the punishment of sin will only be faced by those who commit them though repentance is there not until soul has reached the throat of a dying man or not until the greatest major sign of doomsday is seen. Allah is too merciful, Mashallah.  

The Prophet Muhammad relates to us that God said:
“O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind.Were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.  Were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Leah
IP IP Logged
peacemaker
Male Islam
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote peacemaker Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2007 at 5:52pm

Angela: "I agree that we all need to take personal responsibilities and work to change the ills of our world.  I just want to add one more statement to this Peacemaker.  The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was not the only shining example given to us over the course of human history.  There is also the other Prophets and Jesus (no matter what you believe about him).  Compassion, mercy, justice.  These things are universal."

Angela, we Muslims believe in all the Prophets and Messengers that were sent by Allah, but we are commanded to follow Prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ). Following the final Messenger of Allah and living a life as taught by him would automatically make a Muslim respect other Prophets and Messengers--Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and others ( peace be upon them ). The final Messenger showed us complete way of life as dictated by Allah.

I will stop here as it might not be within the scope of this thread.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
IP IP Logged
Azaleah

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Azaleah Replybullet Posted: 08 December 2007 at 5:23am
Assalamo Alaykum wr wb

They should beware of the supplication of the oppressed, for verily, there is no barrier between it and Allah.

“True enrichment does not come through possessing a lot of wealth, but true enrichment is the enrichment of the soul.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

Leah
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2007 at 3:53pm
I found the following article regarding this case from AhlelBayt:

http://www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/current-events/qatif

Perhaps this will clear-up some misconceptions about the case.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Salams_wife

Quote Salams_wife Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:36pm

I believe this article does do well to clarify the rape case.  It was a good posting in this sense.

I do take offense to its accusations against Americans being "immoral fornicators" I quote.  It is like the pot calling the kettle black.  Stories are legendary around the world of Saudi men and their habits outside of Saudi.  I have seen their actions myself.  I knew a girl (though she wasn't a friend) who was living with a Saudi man in the sense of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship while he went to school here in the United States.  There are countless stories of Saudi men going on trips to other countries with intentions that are anything but halal.  I think if there is anyone in Saudi that has a low rate of adultry and other haram activities it is the Saudi women.  Certainly not many of its men.  A good quote for their insulting American behavior (justified or not) is "Judge not, lest you be judged".

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Salams_wife

I believe this article does do well to clarify the rape case.  It was a good posting in this sense.

I do take offense to its accusations against Americans being "immoral fornicators" I quote.  It is like the pot calling the kettle black.  Stories are legendary around the world of Saudi men and their habits outside of Saudi.  I have seen their actions myself.  I knew a girl (though she wasn't a friend) who was living with a Saudi man in the sense of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship while he went to school here in the United States.  There are countless stories of Saudi men going on trips to other countries with intentions that are anything but halal.  I think if there is anyone in Saudi that has a low rate of adultry and other haram activities it is the Saudi women.  Certainly not many of its men.  A good quote for their insulting American behavior (justified or not) is "Judge not, lest you be judged".

As-salam alaikum sister.  I agree with you that many people may not be as "chaste" as they might claim.  Many of the brothers can learn much from the chastity of our sisters.  And your advice is something to ponder on.  Well-said.

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version