Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Rape victim gets 200 lashes Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
mariyah

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2007 at 5:37am
Asalaamu alaikum:
Theses are some of the Ayats from Surah An Nour, does anyone know of some others? jThs is from Yusuf Ali Translation

24:2 The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
24:4 And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;-

24:13 Why did they not bring four witnesses to prove it? When they have not brought the witnesses, such men, in the sight of Allah, (stand forth) themselves as liars!

24:19 Those who love (to see) scandal published broadcast among the Believers, will have a grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows, and ye know not.

4:30 Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.
24:31 And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty.....
24:33 Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is Allah, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:12am

2. When a woman or man presents themselves in a provocative setting and leading people etc though they may not want to be raped etc

I'm still trying to figure out how you guys equate wearing provocative clothing to getting raped. I can understand receiving unwanted attention but clothes by themselves do not make someone rape a woman. All rape are not always "sexual."

Edited by Israfil
IP IP Logged
ops154

Senior  Member

Quote ops154 Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Israfil

2. When a woman or man presents themselves in a provocative setting and leading people etc though they may not want to be raped etc

I'm still trying to figure out how you guys equate wearing provocative clothing to getting raped. I can understand receiving unwanted attention but clothes by themselves do not make someone rape a woman. All rape are not always "sexual."

Thank you!!!  I don't see too many others understanding that it is not about what a girl looks like but the feeling the person gets.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
IP IP Logged
genki

Groupie
Groupie

Quote genki Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2007 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Israfil

Brother we both know that rape isnt always sexual and often its about dominance and power and plain old cruelty and deprivation of human rights.

However wearing revealing clothes and being provocative and hence noticeable which ever way you cut it simply stated increases your likelihood of being raped. Whether it be for sexual or power dominace purposes doesnt matter you are more likely to be raped.  Walk down harlem in a see through dress at night and provocative and your chances of being raped just went skyrocket high.

We have a responsibility to ourselves to protect ourselves as much as is possible.

Edited by genki
IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 29 November 2007 at 10:46pm

Israfil,

I was not clear, my fault.. I know many, many parents of young women, THEY know it is scary out there. but do they have their daughters take self-defense classes? (They let their daughter go off to Aruba on their own with a bunch of school mates..) There are many women who don't discuss it cause it would be opening up something that scares them. We teach at colleges, self-defense.. and there are people who had no idea they should lock their door in the dorm room, I kid you not. They come from suburbia land.. and cannot always fathom that people, they might know are dangerous. 

I am not talking about street-wise people who grow up in the city. There are a whole host people who think they know what attackers look like (they'll often ask me about those "homeless" men). They live in the suburbs and think they are "more free" from crime. Their children have few survival instincts in them. I live with my two nieces in nice suburb out of DC. And they are so clueless as compared to kids that live in the city.

"He said she said" Yes they go unreported, why? Why don't people tell.. cause he'll deny it and if there is no physical proof or witnesses you would never convict him in a court of law. You know that. You know rape cases are hard to prove.

I, not for one second thinks any woman deserves to be raped. AND the reality is there ARE bad people out there. No you should not be raped. But you know, the only thing you can do is to protect yourself.

Rape is NOT about dress. Rape is about power and opportunity. Most rapes happen by someone you know. Around 66% of women who are raped know their attacker. I've heard of too many women of all ages beingf raped. Sorry their dress had nothing to do with it.

And if they were truly an Islamic society those men would not receive prison terms they would be dead. There is little justice for women anywhere in the world.   

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
raymond

Quote raymond Replybullet Posted: 30 November 2007 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Walid

Israfil,

Though I have no sympathy for this women

Walid

You have no sympathy for this women??? Is religion not about showing sympathy and caring etc...?? you wouldnt do this to a animal. Its disgusting?

IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 02 December 2007 at 12:01pm
The important thing here is women acorss the globe do not get a fair shot in life and its unfortunate that ignorant men in place of objective law impliment what they believe OUGHT to be justice. I know several friends of mine from Egypt who told me that even speaking out against the government lands you in jail imagine a woman, mentally free of male influence, speaking out against the Saudi Arabian government and more about rights of women. If this is true, why give a woman an additional punishment for speech? We humans have come a long way as an inventive species however, actions such as these have set us back 1,000 years.
IP IP Logged
peacemaker
Male Islam
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote peacemaker Replybullet Posted: 03 December 2007 at 10:38am

Assalamu Alaikum,

It is not Saudis or Americans or Britons alone who have brought us to this point; it is rather collective misdeeds that have taken us this far; the sooner we realize, the better we will be. I think when each of us reflects over our shortcomings at all levels, the world would be a better place.

Yes, Muslims must play a greater role to guide humanity by performing morally superior actions and following great examples of the Prophet Muhammad ( SAW ) and his companions.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version