Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Israfil

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 12:54am
Originally posted by nu001

It is the christians who are waging all the wars. in the last century and this century including Iraq and Afghanistan. I would be happy if the christians did it under christianity, rathar they are doing it for money, power etc materialistic gains. On the other hand the muslims who are fighting these christians are doing it in self defence in the name of religion.

The religion who have largest practicing followers is Islam. So it will always look like this, as most of the muslims will not abandon religion as others did. If the christians would follow the religion of bible most of these wars wouldn't have happened.

Your comments are the words of a religious fanatic [of course I'm not saying you are]

IP IP Logged
martha

Senior  Member

Quote martha Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 2:16am

nu001, is this your version of James Bond 007? Are you a secret agent who has knowledge that we dont have?

If so , then please explain the role of the suicide bomber that kills at random? How is this self defence? We know that the western leaders wage wars because of greed and so on. But until the muslimfanatics understand Islam and the Quran correctly the needless cowardly bomber will continue to destroy lives.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 4:06pm
Martha: Everything is fair in love and war!

It all depends upon the intention in your heart. I hate to give a bad example but you must know the story of Masada  I think the Jews opted for a wrong method IMHO.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 March 2010 at 3:48pm
IP IP Logged
martha

Senior  Member

Quote martha Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 4:21pm

I just think its a cowardly way of taking the law into your own hands. So, will there come a time then when an army of Islam invades the world in full view of everyone? This is a serious question now, cos I dont know.

Actually, I dont know the story of Masada. Please tell me. I'm not being flipant, I seriously want to know.

Salaams brother.

IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 6:53pm
The non-governmental Muslim forces are too cowardly and religious to fight for true justice or take over lands. I would give the Israeli special forces more credit than religious soldiers. The days where muslim armies came in large numbers like that of Sala-hudin are over.

Edited by Israfil
IP IP Logged
Salams_wife

Quote Salams_wife Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 7:26pm

Perhaps attacking soldiers is within reason if they are in your country, but how does one justify them blowing themselves up in a market full of civilians in the name of Allah?  I have yet to figure this one out.

IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 27 December 2007 at 11:53pm

Originally posted by martha

Actually, I dont know the story of Masada. Please tell me. I'm not being flipant, I seriously want to know.

Salaams brother.

This a part of the Jewish- Roman war history:

The fall of Masada

During the spring of 71, Titus set sail for Rome. A new military governor was then appointed from Rome, Lucilius Bassus, whose assigned task was to undertake the "mopping-up" operations in Judaea. He used X Fretensis to oppose the few remaining fortresses that still resisted. Bassus took Herodium, and then crossed the Jordan to capture the fortress of Machaerus on the shore of the Dead Sea. Due to illness, Bassus did not live to complete his mission. Lucius Flavius Silva replaced him, and moved against the last Jewish stronghold, Masada, in the autumn of 72. He used Legio X, auxiliary troops, and thousands of Jewish prisoners, for a total of 10,000 soldiers. After his orders for surrender were rejected, Silva established several base camps and circumvallated the fortress. According to Josephus, when the Romans finally broke through the walls of this citadel in 73, they discovered that the 967 defenders had preferred death, than to be tortured by the Romans. Since suicide was not allowed by the Jewish religion, they killed each other till the last man, who was the only one who had to commit suicide.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 March 2010 at 3:50pm
IP IP Logged
martha

Senior  Member

Quote martha Replybullet Posted: 28 December 2007 at 4:34am

Sign*Reader,

Thanks for your explanation. But I will try next time to use google. Was feeling pretty tired when I posted. No excuse I know

Yes I know who Dr Iqbal is.

Thanks again

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version