Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: A Simple Way to Experience Christ Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Anatolian

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Anatolian Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2007 at 4:10pm
Seekshidayath what point are you trying to come across with Halleluyah and
it's origins? Yes it is a Semetic word for praising the All Mighty. Jews,
Christians, and Muslims use it as well as Ameen at the end of there prayers.
Where are you going with this?

I would like you to start posting references from the Bible which describe the
comming of Muhammed. I will find that much more interesting then
Halleluyah...
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2007 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Jocko

I do not remember exactly what Hallelujah means. But the Spirit of God surely knows. For I contact God when I shout Hallelujah, Amen!

I will have to study this again. But I know that the Holy Spirit responds to my calling Hallelujah.

"But I know that the Holy Spirit responds to my calling Hallelujah"

what is that? , how do you know that the Holy Spirit responds to your calling ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2007 at 6:37pm

Seekshidayath, 

I shall prove 1001 mistakes in Bible. But since the guidelines and most of all Islam , asks me to respect other religions, i refrain myselves.

Friend, I do respect your Islamic faith. There are many rooms in this forums in which many have written extensively on the benefits of the Islamic faith. I do not interfere with those discussions.

Here though is a place where I can say something on behalf of the faith and experience of Jesus Christ.

Now for the 1001 "mistakes" of the Bible, you must realize that you do not have great deal of credibility with me on this matter.  For example if the Bible plainly says that Christ died and rose again, and you come along and say that this is one of the "mistakes" of the Bible, don't expect me to trust you on your objectivity.

To you the resurrection of Christ a "mistake" of the Bible because your Quran teaches something diametrically opposed to what the Bible teaches. So there is a real credibility problem with me trusting your so-called Bible "mistakes".

Have you studied other theological books? yes I know the bible is supposely the word of God but studying and looking into other christian scholarly works also by Popes and the catholic encyclopedia where there is much to learn from, leads to you, otherwise.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Jocko

Quote Jocko Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2007 at 7:15pm

The experience of Christ is not without a certain amount of internal confirmation. By "internal confirmation" I mean the there are deep inner senses of God which assure us that we are on the right track.

I do not mean that one should depend on inner senses completely. But there are inner senses of God which confirm us. Here are some passages which show this:

1.)  "For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace" (Rom. 8:6)

By calling Hallelujah Lord Jesus, we can sense an unspeakable inner feeling of "life and peace". Instead of emptiness, uneasiness, darkness, spiritual deadness, there is a sense of the divine life and peace - an inner brightness and well-being and even majesty. Once we experience life and peace we want to often return to that inner sense of joy.

We are happy because God is happy. When God is happy that happiness is reflected in your own soul.

2.) "He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water" (John 7:39)

"Living water"  is the is the phrase Christ used to describe the sense of the Holy Spirit flowing in your innermost being. There is an inner thirst quenching satisfaction and well being. "Living water" was His word picture to discribe the Holy Spirit.

By calling "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus! Hallelujah Lord Jesus. Amen Lord Jesus I receive You. I believe in You." the Holy Spirit will definitely begin to flow out of your innermost being as rivers of living water.

But sometimes people get born again and it is not until shortly after, like the next day, that they realize that something deep within them has indeed changed for the better. They sense the nearness of God and never before.

3.) "To him who overcomes I will give to eat of the hidden manna ..." (Rev. 2:17).

By calling on the Lord Jesus, and especially by saying "Amen! Amen!" to the word of God, we begin to sense a deep eating of hidden nourishment. This is the Bible calls the hidden manna. Beyond the eyes of the world there is a deep nourishment and feeding which is filling our innermost hunger within.

4.) "That He would grant you according to the riches of His glory to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man" (Eph. 3:16)

Not only is the an inward flowing of living water and an inward feeding on hidden manna, there is a sense of being strengthened into a inner chamber where a "Man" is within you. You discover that there is a "kernel" within your being, an inner sphere and realm where a strong Man is. This is "the inner man" and it is a realm of God's glory, God's shinning.  By inner shinning I mean you are illuminated within your heart. Many things about yourself which were previously in darkness are not clear to you. You are being strenghtened and energized into "the inner man."

5.)  "But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life" (John 4:14)

Here again Jesus Christ associates the Holy Spirit within a person as a fountain installed deep in their being. This fountain of thirst quenching refreshment gushes up within into a new life for that person. This new life will eventually expand to be eternal life.

6.)  "And they said to one another, Was not our heart burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was opening the Scriptures" (Luke 24:32)

There is a flowing of the Spirit. And there is a feeding on the Spirit. And there is the burning of the Holy Spirit in the heart. This is inner burning sense of finally touching the real, the true, the genuine, the Reality of God, the Divine life. There is a burning within our heart if we would call "O Lord Jesus! Hallelujah Lord Jesus my Savior, My Lord, My Life, My God, My All, My Lord Jesus!) 

Our hearts would be burning with the sense of being one spirit with God - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17).

7.) " And we have the prophetic word made more firm, to which you do well to give heed as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts" ( 2 Peter 1:19)

When we obey the prophetic word and call on the name of the Lord Jesus it is as if the morning star is rising in our hearts. It is a new day within. It is a dawning of new light in our soul. The word of God is firm without and the Holy Spirit is bright and dawning within.

Any or all of these kinds of senses may strike a person as she calls in sincereity "O Lord Jesus! Hallelujah! Amen Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus You are my Lord. You are my Savior. I call on you. Hallelujah! Amen Lord Jesus!".

I am a Christian Guest at this Moslem Forum - until otherwise informed. Hello!
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:47am

I don't understand  where we are heading,

Right now am in my festive mood, shall participate later.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote BMZ Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:14am

The experience of Christ is not without a certain amount of internal confirmation. By "internal confirmation" I mean the there are deep inner senses of God which assure us that we are on the right track.

I do not mean that one should depend on inner senses completely. But there are inner senses of God which confirm us. Here are some passages which show this:

1.)  "For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace" (Rom. 8:6)

By calling Hallelujah Lord Jesus, we can sense an unspeakable inner feeling of "life and peace". Instead of emptiness, uneasiness, darkness, spiritual deadness, there is a sense of the divine life and peace - an inner brightness and well-being and even majesty. Once we experience life and peace we want to often return to that inner sense of joy.

We are happy because God is happy. When God is happy that happiness is reflected in your own soul.

2.) "He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water" (John 7:39)

"Living water"  is the is the phrase Christ used to describe the sense of the Holy Spirit flowing in your innermost being. There is an inner thirst quenching satisfaction and well being. "Living water" was His word picture to discribe the Holy Spirit.

By calling "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus! Hallelujah Lord Jesus. Amen Lord Jesus I receive You. I believe in You." the Holy Spirit will definitely begin to flow out of your innermost being as rivers of living water.

But sometimes people get born again and it is not until shortly after, like the next day, that they realize that something deep within them has indeed changed for the better. They sense the nearness of God and never before.

3.) "To him who overcomes I will give to eat of the hidden manna ..." (Rev. 2:17).

By calling on the Lord Jesus, and especially by saying "Amen! Amen!" to the word of God, we begin to sense a deep eating of hidden nourishment. This is the Bible calls the hidden manna. Beyond the eyes of the world there is a deep nourishment and feeding which is filling our innermost hunger within.

4.) "That He would grant you according to the riches of His glory to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man" (Eph. 3:16)

Not only is the an inward flowing of living water and an inward feeding on hidden manna, there is a sense of being strengthened into a inner chamber where a "Man" is within you. You discover that there is a "kernel" within your being, an inner sphere and realm where a strong Man is. This is "the inner man" and it is a realm of God's glory, God's shinning.  By inner shinning I mean you are illuminated within your heart. Many things about yourself which were previously in darkness are not clear to you. You are being strenghtened and energized into "the inner man."

5.)  "But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life" (John 4:14)

Here again Jesus Christ associates the Holy Spirit within a person as a fountain installed deep in their being. This fountain of thirst quenching refreshment gushes up within into a new life for that person. This new life will eventually expand to be eternal life.

6.)  "And they said to one another, Was not our heart burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was opening the Scriptures" (Luke 24:32)

There is a flowing of the Spirit. And there is a feeding on the Spirit. And there is the burning of the Holy Spirit in the heart. This is inner burning sense of finally touching the real, the true, the genuine, the Reality of God, the Divine life. There is a burning within our heart if we would call "O Lord Jesus! Hallelujah Lord Jesus my Savior, My Lord, My Life, My God, My All, My Lord Jesus!) 

Our hearts would be burning with the sense of being one spirit with God - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17).

7.) " And we have the prophetic word made more firm, to which you do well to give heed as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts" ( 2 Peter 1:19)

When we obey the prophetic word and call on the name of the Lord Jesus it is as if the morning star is rising in our hearts. It is a new day within. It is a dawning of new light in our soul. The word of God is firm without and the Holy Spirit is bright and dawning within.

Any or all of these kinds of senses may strike a person as she calls in sincereity "O Lord Jesus! Hallelujah! Amen Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus You are my Lord. You are my Savior. I call on you. Hallelujah! Amen Lord Jesus!".

Jocko,

Who did lord Jesus speak of a lot and who did he worship and pray to, with his forehead on the ground?

You know well, being a staunch Jew himself, Jesus prayed only to HaShem, the LORD, your God aka our Allah.

Forget all that and recite "Ya! HaShem! Ya! Allah!" when you sit, stand and lie down. You will suddenly realise you are so close to the LORD almighty God.

Just a suggestion.

BMZ

IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote BMZ Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:17am
Originally posted by seekshidayath

I don't understand  where we are heading,

Right now am in my festive mood, shall participate later.

We are now heading to Dhikr (Zikr) and will be chanting the name of the Lord Almighty. The idea is to sit down relaxed, concentrate on God and chant God's name and feel how closer we get to God without calling on others.

I am trying to tell Jocko to approach God direct.

BMZ

IP IP Logged
JasperStone

Groupie
Groupie

Quote JasperStone Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BMZ

I am trying to tell Jocko to approach God direct.

BMZ

And Jocko is trying to tell you the same.
For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, we shall be saved in His life, having been reconciled. (Rom 5:10)
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version