(A) Ihram for Men - 2 Soft and Thick Towels per set. Size of each towel -
44 x 90 inches
Ihram (also spelt Ahram) refers to the simple garments worn by
Muslims performing the rites of Hajj and/or Umrah.
Clothing (for men) consists of 2 large size
towels usually made from high quality, thick and soft, towel material. These
towels do not have any seams or stitching.
The simple, white Ihram clothing is intended to make everyone appear the same, as in the
eyes of Allah there is no difference
between a prince and a pauper.
One towel covers the body
from the navel to the knees. It is usually secured with a belt or rope. The
second towel is draped over the torso in such a way that the right shoulder is
left bare. This piece is knotted on the right side.
Simple sandals are worn instead of shoes to protect the
feet from the hot, burning desert sand.
For women there is no
clear prescription. Women's clothing, therefore, varies considerably and reflects regional as well as
religious attitudes. In general female hajjis clothe themselves in long white robes,
covering the body from head to foot.
(B) Haj & Umrah Ihram Money Belts are used to hold the Ihram
waist wrapper in place.
- Adjustable size suitable for waist sizes from 35 to 42 inches.
- Prevents the lower Ihram cloth from falling down.
- Helps to keep money, passports and travel papers
- Durable and secure with a strong buckle fastening system.
- Made from high quality water-resistant, anti-slip, and flexible nylon-canvas
- Two zippered waterproof pockets.
- One pouch with a snap button.
Note: There is nothing wrong with wearing a stitched money belt
over the waist wrapper while in a state of ihraam.