Quran, is a treasure of calligraphic art. All pages of the manuscript have been
lovingly ornamented with
different styles of calligraphy and exquisite floral borders. This uniquely
composed Quran displays 113 different calligraphic
styles, including "Thulth", "Diwani", "Koofi" and
It took the Calligraphers seven years of intensive labor to compose this unique
Quran (Alifi) manuscript.
* Outstanding Features of the Alfi Quran
* Each ayah begins with the first Arabic alphabet, "ALIF".
* There are twenty three verses to a page, a symbolic tribute to the 23 year
period of revelation.
* The Quran
text has been penned in "Jali" calligraphic style.
calligraphic styles have been used to write the “Bismillah” found at the
beginning of all but one surah of the Holy Quran. The evolution of the Arabic
script over the last 1400 years can be traced by examining these 113
* The colorful, decorative ornamental borders of the Quran
pages have seven different designs and seven different colors that represent
seven precious jewels and the seven stages (manazil) of the Quran.
Surah’s revealed in Mecca are identified by an icon of the Kabah. Medinian
surah’s are identified by an icon of the Prophet’s mosque.
* Al Azhar
Research Academy, Cairo, has certified that the calligraphy of
Al-Quran-al-Hakeem Alfi is accurate.
* Printing Features
Total 106 Pages, including bonus materials.
* Physical Size of Quran
Alfi: 11.50 x 18 inches.
* Printed on extra heavy (170gsm), long
life, glossy paper.
* Gilt edged.
* Beautifully hardbound in leather. The
cover has been hand-embossed in
gold by traditional artisans.
* The Quran (Alfi) is boxed in a wooden
presentation box for safe storage. The box (about 12.75 x 19 x 2 inches) is lined
inside and covered on the outside with the softest velvet.
* A metal
stand is included for tabletop/counter display.
Materials included in the Appendix
* Images of four authentic Quranic folios
from the earliest centuries.
* Images of five authentic letters
written by the Prophet & his Companion’s in the earliest Arabic script have
been reproduced in full color.
* An index shows all the113
different calligraphic styles of “Bismillah” used at the beginning of each
* Inside front cover displays surah Alaq (96) and surah Muddaththir
(74) in "Diwani" style with "Kufi" borders.